Room Service

SpaceCoast

On my last cruise, which was on the Legend, I ordered room service for the first time. I used room service for the days that I had early excursions. It was a great to have the meal delivered and I could eat while I was getting ready and didn't have to rush to get ready and then go up to eat on Lido.

Definitely remember to order the milk/cream for your coffee - I didn't realize that and on the first day I had to drink black coffee.

For the most part they were right on time with the time I requested for the food to be delivered, too.

We cruise on the Legend in May. We have only been on one other cruise and never used room service.

Is this included in the price? Can I order room service breakfast every day? Should I tip the person bringing my food or is it included in the prepaid tips?

Thank you

SpaceCoast, I didn't see anyone else mention this so I will. Usually found on the hooks on the cabin wall (where your robes might hang), you'll find a card that can be filled out and hung on the outside of your cabin door handle before you go to bed at night. You circle the breakfast items that you'd like and pick your delivery time, and room service will bring your breakfast tray the next morning without you having to call! If you don't see any of these cards in your cabin, ask your stateroom steward and he'll give you some for your cruise. I love having juice and coffee first thing in the morning. Hard to get moving without that early cup of coffee.......

Anyone ever try the Beef and Brie? That sounds amazing, but I would love some opinions.

Yes and it is quite tasty. It's not to heavy and can make a nice snack if you have come back on board between lunch and dinner. It goes really well with my balcony!:D

We were on the Legend two weeks ago, room service in the morning is PROMPT! If you have an early excursion then most definetely get room service. The danish are wonderful! I would complete the menu and hang it on the door the night before with the requested time of delivery. If you want orange juice for 2, mark orange juice, then write X2, they bring you 2 orange juices. If you want more than one Danish, mark it X# of Danish you want. They are great in taste, but small in size. And yes, tip. I think the meals in the MDR are just too good to pass up, so I didn't have room service for a full meal other thann breakfast. Have a great cruise, we would love to do Legend again!:)

We were on the Valor and room service became our afternoon friend. We'd head out in the morning on port days and come back usually in the late afternoon, hungry from skipping lunch because we were having too much fun and late seating dinner wasn't for several hours. While I was showering off glorious Caribbean salt and sand, my husband would order room service. Loved the shrimp roll sandwich.

We learned to ask for double the coffee service (coffee for two is really coffee for one in our household), and anything else that strayed from the norm on the menu. The service was always friendly and prompt.

The cost is included in your cruise unless you order things that you'd normally present your S&S card for anywhere else on the ship. We tipped a few dollars for coffee service, more if we ordered full meals.

Is this included in the price? Can I order room service breakfast every day? Should I tip the person bringing my food or is it included in the prepaid tips?

Alas, I use room service too much on a cruise.:D

Remember, it's 24-hrs., so if you wake up at 3am w/the hungries, a quick call will solve that problem! Nothing like cookies or cake w/milk anytime of the day. I usually cruise solo, and give the delivery person $1. If I had another person along, I'd tip $2 each time.

Enjoy this little amenity of your cruise.

Oh, and I love the roast beef and brie, too.

Alas, I use room service too much on a cruise.:D

Remember, it's 24-hrs., so if you wake up at 3am w/the hungries, a quick call will solve that problem! Nothing like cookies or cake w/milk anytime of the day. I usually cruise solo, and give the delivery person $1. If I had another person along, I'd tip $2 each time.

Enjoy this little amenity of your cruise.

Oh, and I love the roast beef and brie, too.

All that ironing in your room must work up an appetite!!:D:D:D

We cruise on the Legend in May. We have only been on one other cruise and never used room service.

Thank you

Since Carnival doesn't serve a full breakfast, this can't happen on Carnival!

Passenger calls room service:

Room Service(RS): ''Morny, Ruin sorbees''

Guest : ''Sorry, I thought I dialled room-service''

RS : ''Rye..Ruin sorbees..morny! Djewish to oder sunteen??''

Guest : ''Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs''

RS : ''Ow July den?''

Guest : ''What??''

RS : ''Ow July den?...pry,boy,pooch?''

Guest : ''Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled

please.''

RS : ''Ow July dee baychem...crease?''

Guest : ''Crisp will be fine''

RS : ''Hokay. An San tos?''

Guest : ''What?''

RS : ''San tos. July San tos?''

Guest : ''I don't think so''

RS : ''No? Judo one toes??''

Guest : ''I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what

'judo one toes' means.''

RS : ''Toes! toes!...why djew Don Juan toes? Ow bow singlish

mopping we bother?''

Guest : ''English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.'

Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine.''

RS : ''We bother?''

Guest : ''No..just put the bother on the side.''

RS : ''Wad?''

Guest : ''I mean butter...just put it on the side.''

RS : ''Copy?''

Guest : ''Sorry?''

RS : ''Copy...tea...mill?''

Guest : ''Yes. Coffee please, and that's all.''

RS : ''One Minnie. Ass ruin torino fee, strangle ache, crease

baychem, tossy singlish mopping we bother honey sigh, and copy...rye??'

Guest : ''Whatever you say''

RS : ''Tendjewberrymud''

Guest : ''You're welcome''

:D:D

Since Carnival doesn't serve a full breakfast, this can't happen on Carnival!

Passenger calls room service:

Room Service(RS): ''Morny, Ruin sorbees''

Guest : ''Sorry, I thought I dialled room-service''

RS : ''Rye..Ruin sorbees..morny! Djewish to oder sunteen??''

Guest : ''Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs''

RS : ''Ow July den?''

Guest : ''What??''

RS : ''Ow July den?...pry,boy,pooch?''

Guest : ''Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled

please.''

RS : ''Ow July dee baychem...crease?''

Guest : ''Crisp will be fine''

RS : ''Hokay. An San tos?''

Guest : ''What?''

RS : ''San tos. July San tos?''

Guest : ''I don't think so''

RS : ''No? Judo one toes??''

Guest : ''I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what

'judo one toes' means.''

RS : ''Toes! toes!...why djew Don Juan toes? Ow bow singlish

mopping we bother?''

Guest : ''English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.'

Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine.''

RS : ''We bother?''

Guest : ''No..just put the bother on the side.''

RS : ''Wad?''

Guest : ''I mean butter...just put it on the side.''

RS : ''Copy?''

Guest : ''Sorry?''

RS : ''Copy...tea...mill?''

Guest : ''Yes. Coffee please, and that's all.''

RS : ''One Minnie. Ass ruin torino fee, strangle ache, crease

baychem, tossy singlish mopping we bother honey sigh, and copy...rye??'

Guest : ''Whatever you say''

RS : ''Tendjewberrymud''

Guest : ''You're welcome''

:D:D

And if it's your birthday, the waiters in the MDR will sing "Oppy Birdzday Two Shoes" to you. If it's your anniversary..."Oppy Honiberserry Two Shoes".

My sister, her 2 teens and I would always order from room service just before heading off to bed. Was a great way to end the day, enjoying room service, the balcony and the quiet of the ocean as we talked about the things we had done that day.

Please remember to tip the person bringing you your food, we usually tipped according to amount of food and such. Starting at $1 for maybe danish & coffee for just one of us, up to $10 when all 4 of us had sandwiches, juice, and desserts. Even with all that food, and of course a helper, they had a great smile at 3am and we had full tummies as we went to bed.

Archived