Question for Those Recently on Serenade

cleob

DH sailed on Serenade in March of 2008 right after the ship got out of dry dock. Because there were no passengers getting off we were able to board quite early. What time is realistic to board given that they have to get things ready between passengers?

Cab picked us up at noon from hotel. Maybe 15 minutes tops to the pier. Arrived and -no line. Got right on!!:D

I am going on Serenade in September. Which hotel did you stay and how much was the cab ride? I was thinking of possibly getting RCI's land transfer, but it takes too long to get to the hotel and then to the ship. Thanks for your response.

I am going on Serenade in September. Which hotel did you stay and how much was the cab ride? I was thinking of possibly getting RCI's land transfer, but it takes too long to get to the hotel and then to the ship. Thanks for your response.

We did not use any RCCL transfers. TA says you save money if you grab a cab!! She's always right!:D

So-flew in the night before. Actually early morning as we arrived at 12:30. As you can see-only needed a place to sleep. Chose the Hampton Inn Express for the second time and it was great. Free continental breakfast. Very close to the airport. Slept in late-had breakfast, watched the kids swim.

We travelled with a family of 8 of us. Hotel made sure we had 2 vans waiting for us at noon/check out time. We did not use a cab but the each van with 4 in it and all our bags was $40.00.

Cabs are plentiful in and around the hotel, airport and cruise ship so no worries about ever getting one. Much cheaper then the cruise line transfers.

You will love this ship!! Get ready for a wonderful cruise!

On Your Toes - We're on the same cruise!

We did the AOS Aruba route last year and loved it! Last year we used our Marriott points and stayed at the Marriott Stellaris - beautiful hotel. I'm not sure where we will stay pre-cruise this time. I'm looking for something that's not quite as expensive since I don't have enough Marriott points for another stay. I've read where some use priceline and get decent rates at the resorts so I may try that.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise. I've never been on this ship and from everything I've read, it's one of the most beautiful in the fleet.

Karen

We stayed at Marriott Stellaris (on points) both pre and post cruise. We had 4 bags (I know, overpacked!), so cab from airport to hotel was $15 plus $4 for the bags (for the cab, not per person) and from hotel to pier it was about the same.

The closest hotel to the Pan Am pier is a Sheraton at the convention center. It looks like a brand new property (at least I don't remember it being there on our last trip to PR about 4 years ago). You could probably walk from there, but it would be a bit of a hike with bags in tow.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I've seen a few of you have been on both ships, Adventure of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas. I am looking at an April cruise, and am torn between the two....they both have one sea day, both are out of San Juan, and both are priced about the same...... any opinions??? AOS is a bigger ship, but Serenade was built afterwards, and is a bit smaller. Anything new Serenade may have that AOS doesn't? I really don't care about the specialty restaurants. I just may have to leave it up to air fare from Boston to SJU, April 23 for Serendae or April 24 for AOS, any help is appreciated!

BTW, Freedom of the Seas looks awesome!! But I don't know if I'd like 3 sea days.....any opinions on that also??

Archived