Pearl - suite AE

oliverweagle

Please help me as I am confused .... when I go to the deck plans on the Pearl, I see that there are Penthouse suites on decks 8 and 9 designated as "AE". But when I go to the NCL website I do not see the category listed when trying to ascertain pricing, only S1, S4 and SC. So, it seems that the categories may have changed? The suites I am interested in are 9170, 9670, 8630, 8632, 8132 or 8130.

Thank you!

Ollie:confused:

AE's and AD's are being combined into SF's. If I look at the Jewel for this year, they are AE's and AD's. When I check next year, they are SF's. I'm not sure but it looks like around June 2011 is when the change is happening. And for the record....I hate having to learn all new categories and the additional pricing within the categories...

I'm still trying to figure out how to find pricing for these suites - if I type the suite number when trying to select a specific room, I receive a message that the room is not in the category selected - and I tried this for the three suite categories I could find. :confused:

Ollie

• 3 weeks later...

What is interesting about combining the AE and AD is that if you look at my sailing on the Dawn 8/8/10 there is a $300 difference pp to the categories and when you look at my 2/15/12 sailing the are combined and are the same price. I just noticed this because for my 11 day cruise I decided to do a suite. Does anyone else think it is odd the pricing differences before and after of the new categories?

For those that have sailed on the Dawn in an AE and AD, is the AD better because the balconies are deeper? Do the corner ones on deck 9 and 8 wrap like on the Star?

What is interesting about combining the AE and AD is that if you look at my sailing on the Dawn 8/8/10 there is a $300 difference pp to the categories and when you look at my 2/15/12 sailing the are combined and are the same price. I just noticed this because for my 11 day cruise I decided to do a suite. Does anyone else think it is odd the pricing differences before and after of the new categories?

For those that have sailed on the Dawn in an AE and AD, is the AD better because the balconies are deeper? Do the corner ones on deck 9 and 8 wrap like on the Star?

I don't know that the AD's are better because the balconies are deeper...on the Jewel class ships those cabins are noticably smaller than the AE's...don't know if this is true on the Dawn.:confused:

I do know that the Dawn does not have the wrap around balconies that the Star does. They've been blocked off for some reason.

I don't know that the AD's are better because the balconies are deeper...on the Jewel class ships those cabins are noticably smaller than the AE's...don't know if this is true on the Dawn.:confused:

I do know that the Dawn does not have the wrap around balconies that the Star does. They've been blocked off for some reason.

Thank you for the info.

If they are not bigger the rooms or the balconies why would NCL be charging more money for an AD over an AE?

Can someone confirm that on the Dawn the AD balconies are bigger than the AE's...does that mean the cabins are smaller?

Thank you for the info.

If they are not bigger the rooms or the balconies why would NCL be charging more money for an AD over an AE?

Can someone confirm that on the Dawn the AD balconies are bigger than the AE's...does that mean the cabins are smaller?

Just to clarify, the AD's definitely have larger balconies than the AE's. Particularly the suites toward the center. Over 100 sq feet. The part I don't know is if this eats into cabin space like it does on the Jewel class ships.

• 1 month later...
Just to clarify, the AD's definitely have larger balconies than the AE's. Particularly the suites toward the center. Over 100 sq feet. The part I don't know is if this eats into cabin space like it does on the Jewel class ships.

Please show proof of this somewhere that the AD cabins are smaller than the AE on Jewel class ships. Nothing I have ever seen or read ever confirms this.

I think you are mistaken. The AE and AD cabins on the Jewel were the exact same size. We were in an AD and our friends were in an AE. Cabin size and layout are identical. The only difference is the size of the balconies, with AD being about TWICE the size balcony over the AE. The Dawn is exactly the same, as we sailed in an AD twice on that ship, and saw the AE as well where the cabins were identical other than balcony sizes.

Archived