NJ to Bermuda - when does weather get warm?

Bandit614

Thinking of taking first cruise from NJ to Bermuda either late April or Early May. First day is a sea day, then two days in Bermuda, then a day at sea on way home. Is it warm enough to sit by the pool on sea days or will it be faily cold until you get close to Bermuda?

Thanks in advance.

We've gone in early May twice. The first time was 2003 & the weather was perfect. You could hang out by or in the pool from the beginning of the cruise. The second time was 2006 (out of Philadelphia) & weather was good the first full day for the pool deck, but the next day it was rainy, but still warm.

We are going again this May, but a little later in the month. We're hoping, like you, for warm & sunny weather.

Coming from the NorthEast 75 degree weather is nice lounging by the pool weather. It's better than sweltering in 90+ degree weather in horrid humidity, IMO. :)

Mother nature has her own thoughts on temps. I am looking forward to possibly 80's when we go in May, just being positive.......Still beats being in the office.

Coming from the NorthEast 75 degree weather is nice lounging by the pool weather. It's better than sweltering in 90+ degree weather in horrid humidity, IMO. :)

Mother nature has her own thoughts on temps. I am looking forward to possibly 80's when we go in May, just being positive.......Still beats being in the office.

Well....I have done a bunch of cruises from the northeast in April and May and most of them were windy and chilly the first day and a half out of New York and Baltimore. People were not lounging by the pool. I think once the weather was sunny and warm.

Well....I have done a bunch of cruises from the northeast in April and May and most of them were windy and chilly the first day and a half out of New York and Baltimore. People were not lounging by the pool. I think once the weather was sunny and warm.

Depends on mother nature. I cruised one year in May out of NY and it was 90! You never do know what you are going to get, that's the beauty of crusining during the earlier months prior to summer.

Think of it this way.....no chair hoggs!!!!!:D

I'm going to Bermuda May 9, 2010 on Summit...... I did some research before I booked and it looked as though May is the least rainy month in Bermuda....to me sunny and 70 is better than a lot of other scenarios.....water will be chilly in Bermuda.....but people jump in the ocean on January 1, for polar bear swims around here....and its gotta be better than that.......

Think of it this way.....no chair hoggs!!!!!:D

I'm going to Bermuda May 9, 2010 on Summit...... I did some research before I booked and it looked as though May is the least rainy month in Bermuda....to me sunny and 70 is better than a lot of other scenarios.....water will be chilly in Bermuda.....but people jump in the ocean on January 1, for polar bear swims around here....and its gotta be better than that.......

I LOVE your positive approach!!! We are going on the Explorer May 8th and the less rain is what I was looking for. We went last year in September and the weather was horrible.

I LOVE your positive approach!!! We are going on the Explorer May 8th and the less rain is what I was looking for. We went last year in September and the weather was horrible.

I sailed to Bermuda from Philly in mid Sept. about 4 years ago and we had great weather! It rained about 20 mins while my dad and I were riding a bus from Gibbs Windmill back to town. It sure was one crazy ride...those drivers go fast on those winding roads...lol

I'm going to Bermuda for the 3rd time in April on the Explorer...can't wait!!

I sailed to Bermuda from Philly in mid Sept. about 4 years ago and we had great weather! It rained about 20 mins while my dad and I were riding a bus from Gibbs Windmill back to town. It sure was one crazy ride...those drivers go fast on those winding roads...lol

I'm going to Bermuda for the 3rd time in April on the Explorer...can't wait!!

The weather in September is usually great unless there is a hurricane. I would certainly book September over April and May unless one is into golf. I am a beach person and the water temperature is just too chilly until the end of May. September is a lot better for the beach. Also the sea days getting to Bermuda will be better in September.

I am sure it will be, I just couldn't convince DH again to go around in September again! Sending much sunshine for your trip!

It could rain any time of the year. September is one of the best months to visit Bermuda. The air temperature is warm and the water temperature is warm. But not extremely hot and humid. Great beach weather. Also unlike in the spring there is no jellyfish problem. April and and May are very good times for golfing and for touring around Bermuda. Poor times for the beaches. That is actually going in the water. One can enjoy just walking the beach if the water is too cool.

We went to Bermuda during the 1st week of May in '08 (not a cruise, though we saw the Norwegian dawn while there). The water and the air temps matched exactly the whole time- 70 degrees. It was also surprisingly breezy which made it feel cooler. At home, in August when the air is 95 - well 70 degree water is fine. But a breezy 70 air and 70 degree water isn't swimming weather for me.

We also found that much of the island is still a bit "off season" even that late. We were staying at a resort kind of close to the dockyward and looking foward to a number of activities, but found many water-based tours, glass-bottom, sunset cruises, boat cruises, etc didn't start until the 2nd or 3rd week of May.

We still enjoyed St. George, Hamilton, Gibbs Hill Light, and the Dockyard/Museum. But it still felt a bit off season to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived