Lifeboat Drill

Hi

We are doing a back to back on the Celebration this year. :):) Does anyone know if we have to do the lifeboat drill twice:eek:

Kruzseeker didn't you do this last year? I think you were on the Pearls of the Aegean Cruise the same time as us but we only did the week.

Mary

You only have to do the drill the first week. They will actually announce it saying something like "you only need to attend if you have just boarded at ..... or if you have changed cabins"

Ann

Hi Ann

Thanks thats great. I know it's got to be done but the thought of having to do it twice:eek:

Mary

Hi

We are doing a back to back on the Celebration this year. :):) Does anyone know if we have to do the lifeboat drill twice:eek:

Kruzseeker didn't you do this last year? I think you were on the Pearls of the Aegean Cruise the same time as us but we only did the week.

Mary

You are right - it's quite a treat to be able to have a lie-in and leisurely breakfast ;) Enjoy!

P.S. Which itineraries are you doing on Celebration? I think they look really good and interesting. Shame we didn't manage to share a cocktail last time (not literally of course - at least one each :D!) Perhaps another time! :)

You are right - it's quite a treat to be able to have a lie-in and leisurely breakfast ;) Enjoy!

P.S. Which itineraries are you doing on Celebration? I think they look really good and interesting. Shame we didn't manage to share a cocktail last time (not literally of course - at least one each :D!) Perhaps another time! :)

We are doing Aegean Discovery and Ottoman Treasures similar itinery to last year but going from Marmaris and further up the Turkish coast to Istanbul. Like the cocktail bit and def. not sharing mine:D. Next year hoping to do the Adriatic still can't understand why we didn't add it on last year:( Must have had a senior moment when booking:D

We are doing Aegean Discovery and Ottoman Treasures similar itinery to last year but going from Marmaris and further up the Turkish coast to Istanbul. Like the cocktail bit and def. not sharing mine:D. Next year hoping to do the Adriatic still can't understand why we didn't add it on last year:( Must have had a senior moment when booking:D

Sounds good! It won't be too long until it comes round! :D I'd be pleased to read a review and hear of your opinions of the destinations etc. when you get back. I must say they look very interesting and I'd love to go to Istanbul again. We're doing the same trip as last year - both itineraties were fantastic so we're giving it another go but Marmaris is included this time instead of Kusadasi so that should be good.

With people arriving onto the ship until quite late on the day of departure, I had wondered when the drill would be. Am I to assume from your reply that it takes place 'early' :eek: on the first morning??

With people arriving onto the ship until quite late on the day of departure, I had wondered when the drill would be. Am I to assume from your reply that it takes place 'early' :eek: on the first morning??

Yes, it is the first morning - if it's a day at sea it will probably be about 10.00 - but most will have had breakfast before that so that the ship and dining room/Lido looks deserted as everyone disappears to fetch their life-jackets from their cabin about 09.45 and don't reappear until 10.15ish. There's usually the port show-case straight after. (I'm not quite sure what time it would be if it's a port day though.)

Archived