Specialty Restaurant Dining Numbers

Palmetto Lady

John and Mary are traveling with Dick and Jane. Each couple is entitled to four reservations (two each) in the specialty restaurants. If John and Mary list Dick and Jane as their guests on each of their four nights, can Dick and Jane list John and Mary as their guests on their four nights which would give each couple eight nights or can each couple dine only four nights total (not counting any additonal nights because of availablity during the cruise).

I hope this is clear.

Sorry, but the answer is no. If John, Mary, Dick and Jane eat in the restaurant, it is counted as a reservation for each couple. But don't worry about it, as you will see from this board, there isn't the mad rush to "get the most reservations' that you see on some cruise lines. I am not one to plan ahead farther than my nose, and like others will state here, if you are flexible, you will usually be able to use the specialty restaurants more than your minimum amount.

you wrote in part:

[John and Mary are traveling with Dick and Jane. Each couple is entitled to four reservations (two each) in the specialty restaurants.}...

now if Dick and Jane or John and Mary ( for that matter)..are only "allotted" one reservation in each restaurant..then how many reservations do you subtract from the other couple? But..wait..can you borrow some from an other couple who don't want to use theirs..and then can you sell your reservations in the Italian restaurant for two in the steakhouse..

:eek:

just kiddin'

LOL, I like your style, Claudia,:D

but just in case you don't know it already:

Don't josh this subject once you are on the ship!

Jokes about another passengers Specialty Restaurant reservations are greeted with the same good humor as discussing the mistakes that they made in raising their children.

menendez-tm.jpg090908-kingbrothersorange-hmed-5a.standard.jpg

For that reason, ask.

Sometimes people don't use their reservations and John, Mary, Dick and Jane may be able to get additional meals in the speciality restaurants if they so chose. (I say if they so chose because they may find after their meals there that they don't care for additional meals in Polo and Toscana.)

Stop at the Reservation Desk after about three days onboard. By then, most folks have made their reservations and you can find out if any "empty slots" exist.

Archived