Friends of Dorothy

Darthdaddy

A few years ago I read this story on CC. The writer was at a Friends of Dorothy meeting and this little old lady came in. The writer could see that she was somewhat confused. He went up and introduced himself. It turns out that she saw the Friends of Dorothy in the Dailies and thought it was a meeting for people who were fans of The Golden Girls. The writer then said that ended up staying and had a great time.

I met a great group of people on my transatlantic last year, many of whom are gay. My 15 year old son refers to them as my mutual friends of Dorothy :)

They can now have a Married Friends of Dorothy. Which may then beg the question if we will need any FOD gatherings in a year or two. Probably, "Yes", thought the S.Ct. may say "No."

They can now have a Married Friends of Dorothy. Which may then beg the question if we will need any FOD gatherings in a year or two. Probably, "Yes", thought the S.Ct. may say "No."

Several of my gay friends are married. One couple is now heading to California, where they own a second home, to get re-married as their wedding was in England, so they want to be recognized at home.

I hope you're right, but that great bunch of people really enjoyed the FOD meetings, the place was jam packed and really fun.

Archived