Weather ? About JAN. Cruising

SASMITH

While this is not my first cruise it will be my first one to take in Jan. So I was wondering what the weather is normally like in St Thomas, St. Maarten and CocoCay? Will it be hot enough to hang out by the pool, ride the flow rider, have the belly flop contest? You know the usual pool activities. I've been reading CC for a little while now so I know you regulars will have some good info. Thanks!

We usually cruise in January (out of Galveston). Usually after the first night/day into the cruise, you can tell the weather is really turning warmer the further south we go. By the time we get to the ports, I am ready for the beach and pools on the ship. We usually come back a little sunburned. The cruise we were on last month, the pool on the ship was pretty busy. We went thru 2 cans of sunscreen during the cruise. ;)

While this is not my first cruise it will be my first one to take in Jan. So I was wondering what the weather is normally like in St Thomas, St. Maarten and CocoCay? Will it be hot enough to hang out by the pool, ride the flow rider, have the belly flop contest? You know the usual pool activities. I've been reading CC for a little while now so I know you regulars will have some good info. Thanks!

We always vacation end of January as it is a slow time for our business.

January has been a good month for weather and our vacations.

Beach- pool - sun -all good!!:)

The only place I'd be concerned is Coco Cay, which is quite a bit further north than the other destinations you listed.

A year ago this past week I did a Bahamas cruise and it was never really hot. I was in Coco Cay twice that week. On day one I could never unwrap myself from under two towels and it was really windy. The second time back that week, I was still wrapped in a towel but only when the sun went behind a cloud. The temp dropped incredibly when a cloud passed by. But I think the whole area was a bit chillier than normal that week.

We sailed Serenade in January of 2009 and visited St. Thomas and St. Maarten. It was hot and beautiful. Sat by beaches in both locations and hung around by the pool on the at-sea day. Barbados had a tiny sprinkling of rain, but it was still warm.

Happy Sails!

We sailed the end of Jan this year. It was cold (and raining) for most of the trip however the day in St Martin and in St Thomas were beautiful and WARM. If this was a typical year I would advise not sailing in January however this was not a typical winter. From everthing I have read the weather is normally warm in Jan. Have a great cruise and if the weather is not as you hoped make the best of it and you will still have a great time. We did.

Archived