Beware of Beverage Packages

mjwandssw

Can Baileys Irish Cream be mixed into a frozen drink, either alone or with other things? If I had the frozen drinks package, could I order just Baileys "frozen"?

Thanks

I don't see why not. I mean, we didn't request Baileys, but we requested pretty much every other liquor out there and they did it for us, so I don't see why not.

I can drink 6+ beers a day without even trying. Heavy drinker? Maybe to you but you won't see me falling down drunk. Please don't label us. If the package works for you great, if the package does not work for you great.

Exactly! Especially on vacation, a few out by the pool, before during and after dinner.

dude, If your drinking more than 6 beers every day for 7 or more days straight, thats heavy drinking, whether your "falling down drunk" or not. I'm not labeling you just stating a fact. Lets be honest, when you get half of your daily calorie intake from alcohol....well, enough said.

OMG LMAO! It is a VACATION!!!! Plus most beers are around 100 calories a piece and wth is counting calories on a cruise in the first place. I'd rather just order the package upfront and know the total for my alcohol than to get a huge bill at the end of the trip. Last 7day cruise my cousin & her husband went on their bar tab alone was $1100. :eek:

I just got off the Summit (Feb 20-2010) where I purchased the frozen drinks package in advance of the sailing

I feel I got 100% of my monies worth in the sense that anytime I wanted a Pina C or a Daiquiri, I could order one at any bar, anywhere, including at dinner, and also could do so for anyone I was travelling with, one drink at a time

My brother in-law didn't buy the beer package in advance, and after seeing his bar bill, wished that he had done so

However, I am one of those people who wished crusiing was a little more all-incluisve ala the system used on the Xpedition, or the likes of Silverseas, etc, because I prefer to just order drinks without having to sign a bill, etc every time I want one

jc

toronto

I am fairly sure that the beverage package is per person, and not intended to be shared with your travelling partner.

I just got off of the Celebrity Century on Saturday. If you are frustrated by all of the misinformation by Celebrity on what the packages include, you are not alone. Pre sail, I purchased the Premium Liquor Package only to cancel it prior to sail when I was told the package wouldn't work in the Martini Bar. I then purchased the Beer Package, because It seemed to be Clear cut. When I got on the Ship I then find out that even the classic package works in the martini bar, they are just smaller and lesser quality liquor. Secondly if you have a liquor package you can basically get ANYTHING of a lesser value (Frozen drinks, Pop and even bottles of water). I think they are having some growing pains rolling out these beverage packages, but I can tell you only what my experience was last week on the Celebrity Century.

Good Luck!

I just got off of the Celebrity Century on Saturday. If you are frustrated by all of the misinformation by Celebrity on what the packages include, you are not alone. Pre sail, I purchased the Premium Liquor Package only to cancel it prior to sail when I was told the package wouldn't work in the Martini Bar. I then purchased the Beer Package, because It seemed to be Clear cut. When I got on the Ship I then find out that even the classic package works in the martini bar, they are just smaller and lesser quality liquor. Secondly if you have a liquor package you can basically get ANYTHING of a lesser value (Frozen drinks, Pop and even bottles of water). I think they are having some growing pains rolling out these beverage packages, but I can tell you only what my experience was last week on the Celebrity Century.

Good Luck!

Glad to hear that reply, because that is the ship we are going on. Can you give me the average prices for the martini bar? Last time I was on Century the average price was between $9.50 and $10.50 w/ the specialty ones like the Murano Martini being $15.75 I hear the "flights" are now $18 but do they still run happy hour specials between 4 and 6? I happened to "lift" a menu last time I was on the ship (I collect Martini recipes for home use) Did anyone else do this recently and are willing to share info? Any new ones that really stand out and worth trying? My favorite was the Paradise Martini and Cognac Blue Martini. :)

if you have a liquor package you can basically get ANYTHING of a lesser value (Frozen drinks, Pop and even bottles of water).

Good Luck!

Wow I didnt know the liquor packages included soda and water as well....I might have to reconsider my plan to NOT get one

Wow I didnt know the liquor packages included soda and water as well....I might have to reconsider my plan to NOT get one

It would make a lot of sense if the liquor packages include soda and water. For example, you could order a virgin rum and coke, no? :cool:

What I don't understand is why there's a different package for frozen vs. non-frozen. Aside from the use of a blender to crush the ice, is there really a difference between frozen and non-frozen from the point of view of the bar?

I just got off the Equinox and had the frozen drink package. I got my monies worth but will not purchase it again. I got tired of drinking frozen drinks and started drinking jack & diet coke.

One of the bartenders seemed a little put off every time someone with a package came to the bar. Half the time he didn't scan the cards. That led me to think he didn't get his gratuities from the packages.

It would make a lot of sense if the liquor packages include soda and water. For example, you could order a virgin rum and coke, no? :cool:

What I don't understand is why there's a different package for frozen vs. non-frozen. Aside from the use of a blender to crush the ice, is there really a difference between frozen and non-frozen from the point of view of the bar?

Making frozen drinks is a hassle and takes a lot of time and there is more clean up required.

Bartenders don't like having to make frozen drinks :)

Exactly.

I just got off the Equinox and had the frozen drink package. I got my monies worth but will not purchase it again. I got tired of drinking frozen drinks and started drinking jack & diet coke.

One of the bartenders seemed a little put off every time someone with a package came to the bar. Half the time he didn't scan the cards. That led me to think he didn't get his gratuities from the packages.

What was the bartenders name? Because when I am on Equinox I will make sure he makes all my drinks :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softball20 viewpost.gif

Exactly.

I don't think you can speak for all bartenders.

Our "Dr Feel Good" on the Summit LOVED it. In fact, we'd go to the bar and he wouldn't let us order a good chunk of the time - he'd make up his own WONDERFUL concoction and he clearly had fun doing it.

And boy, are we glad we let him do as he desired...YUMMMMM!!

Okay, I just called Celebrity about the drinks packages, and this is what I was told.

Frozen Drink Package includes ONLY frozen drinks, with our without alcohol. I asked if you can get a frozen coke, and was told no. It's only for drinks that usually contain alcohol, ie, you can get a "virgin" frozen margarita. :confused:

Liquor Package includes ONLY drinks with liquor. You can get a rum & coke, but you cannot get a coke without the rum. :confused:

I mentioned that there is a long discussion about this topic here on CruiseCritic, and that people are being told different things, and having different experiences onboard. The agent told me that she guesses it's up to the individual ship to decide how they handle the packages. :eek:

So, I will wait until I'm onboard, and will check to see what's what.

As for bartenders who don't like making frozen drinks, or don't like it when people have a "package", what can I say but...oh well. Maybe they need to have some more training in how to make passengers feel special, the way the stewards, waiters, and other staff do! The packages already include a 15% increase. I don't know whether that money makes its way to the bartender, but from my perspective, I've already tipped for my drinks! If the bartender wants *more* of a tip, the last thing they should do is make me feel like I'm a burden to them because I have a frozen drink package and use it!

I dont like taking claims, but then again it is part of my job as an insurance agent so I do it lol.

I would never not order a frozen drink becuase I thought it would annoy the bartender hello that is their job right.

I don't think you can speak for all bartenders.

Our "Dr Feel Good" on the Summit LOVED it. In fact, we'd go to the bar and he wouldn't let us order a good chunk of the time - he'd make up his own WONDERFUL concoction and he clearly had fun doing it.

And boy, are we glad we let him do as he desired...YUMMMMM!!

Of course one can't speak for all bartenders. There are always bartenders that love their job and want to have a good time with the passengers.

As for bartenders who don't like making frozen drinks, or don't like it when people have a "package", what can I say but...oh well. Maybe they need to have some more training in how to make passengers feel special, the way the stewards, waiters, and other staff do! The packages already include a 15% increase. I don't know whether that money makes its way to the bartender, but from my perspective, I've already tipped for my drinks! If the bartender wants *more* of a tip, the last thing they should do is make me feel like I'm a burden to them because I have a frozen drink package and use it!

I agree.

I have a question in regards to the water package on board....If anyone has gotten it do they give you the bottle or must it always be put in a glass.........Hoping to receive bottles so I can carry them around where ever I go..............

I was on the Century, both of us had the beer package. It worked out great for us, it saved me money. I could get a beer at any bar, including the Martini Bar. The put the work beer on your room card, we had no troubles with any bartenders. We even had one who ran a tab for us. After they know you either one of us could get 2 beers at a time, saving 1 person a trip. Sometimes we would take both cards, no questions asked. In the MDR they kept bring the beer when they saw the glass getting low. I loved it.

Are there restrictions on the times that you can order from a bar if you have a drinks package. We are considering a beer package but it will be no use if it restricted to certain times and certain bars

Thank you

Are there restrictions on the times that you can order from a bar if you have a drinks package. We are considering a beer package but it will be no use if it restricted to certain times and certain bars

Thank you

I don't know if you read the whole thread or if you have gone to the Celebrity website but information is that if the bars are open then you can order.

I have read that you can get 5 beers for the price of 4 (Bucket). Can this be any beer or is it limited to a few? Is it just one brand each day or does it vary? Can you get these buckets at any bar or just some? Can you ask for them to not open all of them so you can take the bucket back to your cabin?

Thanks

Is it true that the "martini flights" are now $18? Also, will they be included in any of the packages?

They were $18 on Equinox a couple of months ago. Still a pretty good value considering you get to sample six different martinis (one traditional and five flavored). I do not believe you can order this with the liquor packages as I believe that the Premium Package only allows drinks that cost $11 and under to be ordered - $8 or less for the non premium package.

I have read that you can get 5 beers for the price of 4 (Bucket). Can this be any beer or is it limited to a few? Is it just one brand each day or does it vary? Can you get these buckets at any bar or just some? Can you ask for them to not open all of them so you can take the bucket back to your cabin?

Thanks

That is exactly what I was wondering. I love to have beer back in the room so I hope you can.

Archived