PC Dining on Dawn Princess

keebae

Just wanted to say Thank You to the person who recently posted the recommendation for table #96 served by Irma and Patricia. We are currently on the Dawn and asked for that table and we have reserved it for the rest of the cruise. They are excellent. I would definitely pass on the recommendation to anyone who will be sailing on the Dawn Princess and has Personal Choice dining.

Kyle

Thanks. We are boarding next week and we will make this request.

What time do you go for PC dining? Have you had any trouble getting seats in the theatre after dinner?

Anything else you can share will be appreciated.

Kyle, Thanks for letting us all know.

Do you have a table for 2? If not what size table do you have? I also want to know what time they let you reserve for all week. I would like to go at 7PM but was told I would have to wait in line for a long time, so I will go early like 6:15 to 6:30 if I have to. Just let us know.

Who is the Captain and the Cruise Directors (names)?

Can you tell me what kind of Themed Deck Parties they have on a couple of nights that I have heard about?

Thanks, Have a great cruise. Save some of the fun for us boarding in 2 weeks.

SueKDBBtransp.gif

I have just got off the last sailing on 19 Jan, and would say that PC dining is great. If it is busy (on say formal night) they simply ask you would you mind a slight wait. You do not have to wait in line, they simply give you a buzzer with lights on and you go round to the bar and have a drink and wait for the buzzer to go off. You then go back, skip the normal line and head to your table - no problems (as they say in Jamaica).

The longest we waited for a table for two on the formal night was 10 minutes which was just about enough time to drink a martini!!

For those who are on the Dawn right now, if you see Stephen the assistant cruise director (from Liverpool, England) or Rachel (the small lady from Australia also in Entertainment), please say that Claire and Vinny from Liverpool England say hello.

Thankyou

Waterman, Yes it's a table for 2. We like to eat early so our reservations are for 5:30pm every evening. So I'm not sure if you could make them for later times. There is usually a line of people waiting to get in when we leave at about 7pm. It's Captian Bommarco and Billy London is the CD. No themed deck parties as of yet, this is day 3 for us. I think they have an Island night later on.

Balanceok, The Princess Theatre shows have been packed. The Vista Lounge was almost full last night. If you go early enough (20-30 min. prior to show time) you can usually find seats.

Kyle

We got off the Dawn on the 19th. There was only one deck party that I know of and it was Island night. It was fun. It did not start until 9:45pm and it was a little chilly. There were a lot of people there though and every one was having a great time. It was on the night we were supposed to go to Grand Caymen, before the last formal night.

Thanks for the updates..A group of us (We are calling ourselves "The Dawnisters") sail on the 28th of Feb so we are really glad that the recent reviews and comments are becoming much more postive....

What movies are playing on board? Any suggestions for the ports..ie good off the beaten track shops or vendors something found on your own not necessarily suggested by the ship. :rolleyes:

enjoy the rest of your cruise they go by way to fast...

srpilo,

It's been windy at times so I usually wear my sea bands to bed just in case. St. Thomas on Saturday was crystal clear blue skies, Dominica yesterday was clear and warm. Today is Barbados and it's mostly sunny and warm.

Tonight is the Island Night Deck Party.

Haven't had the tv on much so I don't remember what movies have been on the tv. This afternoon in the Vista Lounge is Shrek 2 and tonight in the Princess Theatre they are playing two movies (don't have the patter on me).

Since our stop in Dominica was on a Sunday most everything was closed. But they did have several open air market stands with the usual tshirts, island wear etc.

Irma is the best! We had her when we were on the Dawn in October. At that time, her assistant was Joanna. Please, if you get a chance, tell Irma that Todd and Jeff (from Vancouver) say hello and that we have (re)booked the Dawn for Alaska, in May.

We also really enjoyed the Island night on the Dawn - be warned though - they put out a huge buffet at about 10pm, so don't eat a big meal on Island night if you're going to the party!

Sounds like the cruise is going well. Enjoy!

Our CC group of Cruz Dawgs has tried to get a reservation in the PC dining room every night at various times. We have yet to do so. They cannot get us in until 8:00 even if we split into 2 large tables side by side. PC dining is fine but there should be no reservations. Everyone reserves for the same time, 5:30, so that sort of defeats the purpose.

Archived