Best Way to be a flowrider on Oasis

waterdave

1. Book a lesson for an early day in the cruise. $60 for an hour in a group lesson. I had a lesson on the first day at sea at 6:30pm. Its worth the money, it takes a little bit of instruction to get the hang of it.

2. Bring a towel or bathrobe (its cold when youre standing there waiting)

3. When you take a lesson, they will show you how to get onto the wave without their assistance (by shimmying yourself over). Then, every day of the cruise, you can surf the flowrider from 8:00-9:00am, which is the "advanced" riders only session- the word "advanced" meaning only that you can get on to the wave without their assistance. This is all free, and there were only a few people doing it each day, because kids generally dont wake up early. If you try to do the flowrider in the afternoon, you will have to wait at least 15 minutes in a line, just for one try.

So for one 60 dollar lesson, you can basically have a dedicated hour of flowrider time every morning thereafter for free, which is great way to start the day.

tux-rider.jpg.0e4b84e10712b7f0b9655a0959ba46dc.jpg

1. Book a lesson for an early day in the cruise. $60 for an hour in a group lesson. I had a lesson on the first day at sea at 6:30pm. Its worth the money, it takes a little bit of instruction to get the hang of it.

2. Bring a towel or bathrobe (its cold when youre standing there waiting)

3. When you take a lesson, they will show you how to get onto the wave without their assistance (by shimmying yourself over). Then, every day of the cruise, you can surf the flowrider from 8:00-9:00am, which is the "advanced" riders only session- the word "advanced" meaning only that you can get on to the wave without their assistance. This is all free, and there were only a few people doing it each day, because kids generally dont wake up early. If you try to do the flowrider in the afternoon, you will have to wait at least 15 minutes in a line, just for one try.

So for one 60 dollar lesson, you can basically have a dedicated hour of flowrider time every morning thereafter for free, which is great way to start the day.

\\

I couldn't agree more. We took lessons on the Freedom and it was the best $60 we spent on the cruise (well, aside from my new ring that is) :D

Archived