Just Returned VOS 2/14-2/21

Got back a little late to the house last night since the Fog kept us from docking until 2:00. Will write a review a little later, but if you have any question I can try to answer.

We had gail force winds almost everyday but only 3 meters seas very strange. Jamiaca we had 52 mph winds which kept the Port closed but the seas on that day were only at 6 meters.

Mike Szwa(whatever) the most original C.D. we have ever had, he never told an old stale cruise joke the entire time and rolled out some new programs that we have never seen. FOUNTAINS, Liars Club, Impossible Trivia, and new version of the Quest and did I mention FOUNTAINS. He also booked the TEXAS TENORS for this week. The Tenors will be coming back in April for 2 weeks when Mike's Grandma will be on the ship.

Captain Patrick (the youngest Captain in the Fleet) 33 years old. Not afraid to come down and talk, when we missed Jamiaca came down and talked to everyone in the R.P. He actually got as close to Jamiaca as he could even though the Port was close to see for himself waited and when no Pilot boat came decided they must not want us to dock, also this was to prove to the passengers the the conditions we not good. On the last day of the FOG, was very informative every 30 minutes to an hour with announcements and let the ship have free WiFi all day Sunday to rebook missed flights and free Cell service to contact loved ones.

If you have any questions ask away.

Nope I don't know the exact weeks. Mike only said that could only get them 3 times while the VOS was in Galveston. New years, Valentines Day and when his Grandma was going to be on the ship in April. The good news is that they come on and off the ship in Cozumel so they are actually on for 2 sailings. They will either be on the First sailings 2nd formal night or the Second Sailings 1st formal night. If they are on the ship you will get to meet them they were Royal Promanade everyday talking to passengers. The C.D. Mike checks these boards so you could probably just put a posting out and he will probably answer you the next time he reads the post. I saw that he posted just yesterday.

Captain Patrick (the youngest Captain in the Fleet) 33 years old. Not afraid to come down and talk, when we missed Jamiaca came down and talked to everyone in the R.P. He actually got as close to Jamiaca as he could even though the Port was close to see for himself waited and when no Pilot boat came decided they must not want us to dock, also this was to prove to the passengers the the conditions we not good. On the last day of the FOG, was very informative every 30 minutes to an hour with announcements and let the ship have free WiFi all day Sunday to rebook missed flights and free Cell service to contact loved ones.

Now THAT is excellent customer service. RCCL should put that on the main web page!

Can't wait to sail on March 14.

Weather was hit or miss with the sunshine. The water temps were fine not as warm as we are used to but 79 degrees which is managable, just have a nice drink before you enter the water if you think that it is too cool. The wind was crazy like I said we did not have one day with winds less then 30 mph but the seas where not rough, on the ship wind is not that big of a deal just find a place where the wind is broken and the drinks are flowing and all is good.

As for Houston it is a toss up winter should be coming to an end but this year is a little crazy. We did not take a jacket, but did take a long sleave shirt for the first and last day.

Got back a little late to the house last night since the Fog kept us from docking until 2:00. Will write a review a little later, but if you have any question I can try to answer.

We had gail force winds almost everyday but only 3 meters seas very strange. Jamiaca we had 52 mph winds which kept the Port closed but the seas on that day were only at 6 meters.

Mike Szwa(whatever) the most original C.D. we have ever had, he never told an old stale cruise joke the entire time and rolled out some new programs that we have never seen. FOUNTAINS, Liars Club, Impossible Trivia, and new version of the Quest and did I mention FOUNTAINS. He also booked the TEXAS TENORS for this week. The Tenors will be coming back in April for 2 weeks when Mike's Grandma will be on the ship.

Maybe he's learned something in the last 9 months. I was on the first post drydock cruise last May and he was like the missing man.

Maybe he's learned something in the last 9 months. I was on the first post drydock cruise last May and he was like the missing man.

I guess he learned his lesson, his is very young and still learning. He did state the European Cruises are very different. This is from him and he is from Sweden but when European go on Cruises that they are not as friendly as Americans and diffently not as friendly as Texans. He stated that most Europeans will not even say HI when you pass them in the Ship so maybe he just stayed hiding when the ship was in Europe. If this happened when he was in Texas then I guess maybe time has changed him. Because we saw him everyday and on Friday he did a Live show in front of the PIG and Whistle answer questions that was shown on TV.

We were supposed to be on this cruise (and the one before) but decided to cancel both back in November. Was just curious if anything was done "special" for Valentine's Day?

The only thing we noticed was Red and Pink balloons everywhere on the 14th and 15th and Portofinos had a special Dinner both of those nights. We did not go to Portofinos until Tuesday 16th and the food there was out of this world. I never thought I would say that, but it was so good my wife actually starting taking pictures of all the food. The Desert sampler is to die for, everything is edible even the chocolate bowls.

Archived