Taking an Excursion on Disembarktion Day

Eurocruiser2010

Hello! We are sailing on the Jade in June and thinking about doing an NCL sponsored excursion in Barcelona on disembarktion day.

If you do this, where does your luggage go? Our flight doesn't leave until the next day, and I have already book a hotel for that night right near the airport. Our hotel is so close to the airport that we could just be dropped there and then take the free shuttle to our hotel. (I booked the hotel myself, not with NCL).

Your insight is appreciated.

Thanks! You all are wonderful! I enjoy the boards immensely!

Hello! We are sailing on the Jade in June and thinking about doing an NCL sponsored excursion in Barcelona on disembarktion day.

If you do this, where does your luggage go? Our flight doesn't leave until the next day, and I have already book a hotel for that night right near the airport. Our hotel is so close to the airport that we could just be dropped there and then take the free shuttle to our hotel. (I booked the hotel myself, not with NCL).

Your insight is appreciated.

Thanks! You all are wonderful! I enjoy the boards immensely!

They will carry your luggage on the bus, and you collect when they drop you at the airport hotel following tour. Depending on which of the 2 available tours you take it would be half an hour or so either side of 2.00pm. Tours were $85/95 pp, one is Barcelona city tour, and the other is to Montserrat.

If you would rather self-explore Barcelona, best to taxi to hotel, drop luggage and take the Aerobus into city centre. Will cost 5 euros pp each way on Aerobus. Where the bus ends at Playa Catalunya you can take the HOHO bus, a fantastic way to see the city.

There are several tour operators in Barcelona that will come pick you and your luggage up at the dock at the time you want (we scheduled ours for 9:30am) and take you on your tour. After the 4-5 hr tour, the guide and driver will drop you off either at the airport, or your hotel with your luggage. In your case, you might as well ask to be dropped off directly at your hotel instead of going to the airport and then catching a shuttle to your hotel. These are a few examples of tour operators who will provide this service:

http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/barcelona-city-tour.html

http://www.cataloniatours.com/CruiseShoreExcursions/PostCruiseToursofBarcelona/

http://www.holabarcelonatours.com/highlights_tours.html

Communicate with several to find the one that will work the best for you.

Since you are staying overnight in Barcelona, you will probably have time to go back to sites that you want to spend more time at.

The Hop On and Hop Off open-top tour buses with headphones are also another great way to explore the city if you can find a place to store your luggage first. There are two company, one is the Barcelona City Hop-on Hop-off Tour Bus and the other is Barcelona Bus Turistic.

Have fun! It's a wonderful city to explore!:)

Archived