Celebration - Marmaris Departure

Hi All

Not done a Thomson cruise before, but I was wondering if anybody had any kind of idea what sort of time the ship is likely to depart Marmaris on the Ottoman Empires cruise. 1st day is at sea whilst heading up to Istanbul so I'm guessing there is no rush to leave Marmaris.

We fly in same day, arriving 14.00ish, so wondering how long we will have aboard before we set sail.

Anybody with any clues ??

thanks

Hi All

Not done a Thomson cruise before, but I was wondering if anybody had any kind of idea what sort of time the ship is likely to depart Marmaris on the Ottoman Empires cruise. 1st day is at sea whilst heading up to Istanbul so I'm guessing there is no rush to leave Marmaris.

We fly in same day, arriving 14.00ish, so wondering how long we will have aboard before we set sail.

Anybody with any clues ??

thanks

According to the flight schedules in the brochure the last flight from the UK to Marmaris is from East Midlands departing 16.45 - with a 4.25 hour flight that means arriving Marmaris at @ 21.00 (+2 hours time difference?) so it won't be an early sail away - not before midnight by the look of it. (If my reasoning is right.) Plenty of time to familiarise yourself with the ship, have a wander into Marmaris and have that first cocktail - or two!!:)

Kruzseeka is probably right. Could be anytime between 00:00 and 2am. Transfers from Dalaman to Marmaris are in the region of 90mins although we have done it in 1hr 15 once. Although dont worry, in summer its rare for the bazaar to close before midnight anyway so theres plenty of shopping time. It is quite a walk from the port to the bazaar though so they often lay on a shuttle.

Bit like de-ja-vue here, but we dont all read the same websites eh ? Still, you kind lot have given me the info I was curious to know. We've only done one cruise before and that left Rome at 6pm. So no time to explore before hand, straight from plane to coach to ship. A late departure this time will suit us fine. Reckon with clearing customs and the transfer we should be on ship by around 3 -4 ish. Did somebody mention the ships location in relation to the town - is it a taxi ride or shuttle bus away ? It's been a long time since we have been to Marmaris (19 years !) but can hopefully have a quick run around before ship departs to see how much we recognise - and get a cocktail or two in before hand. Silly question, but I presume the 1st night onboard has all facilities up and running, like we will get evening meal etc ?

Thanks again... I'll leave these questions on this board for the time being :D

Ello fella

Normally the cruises lay on a shuttle..id say at a pace it would take you anywhere between 30-60mins to walk. Realistically it is a good 2 miles id say. Taxi's should be available but they have rocketed in price.

The evening meal first night is open sitting in the restaurant and runs later than usual. Or theres the buffet of course

Bit like de-ja-vue here, but we dont all read the same websites eh ? Still, you kind lot have given me the info I was curious to know. We've only done one cruise before and that left Rome at 6pm. So no time to explore before hand, straight from plane to coach to ship. A late departure this time will suit us fine. Reckon with clearing customs and the transfer we should be on ship by around 3 -4 ish. Did somebody mention the ships location in relation to the town - is it a taxi ride or shuttle bus away ? It's been a long time since we have been to Marmaris (19 years !) but can hopefully have a quick run around before ship departs to see how much we recognise - and get a cocktail or two in before hand. Silly question, but I presume the 1st night onboard has all facilities up and running, like we will get evening meal etc ?

Thanks again... I'll leave these questions on this board for the time being :D

Hi Figgywig

We depart the ship the day you arrive so as far as Marmaris can't answer much as yet. Will reply to times of sailings etc. for anyone else when we get back. To answer your question on 1st night on board everything is up and running. Nothing shuts down because guests are constantly on the ship ie. not everyone disembarks on the day you arrive some people could be doing a back to back cruise which is 2 weeks so the facilities are constantly working.:)

Mary

Hi Dave

What 'the other forum' please? (frightened I'm missing something lol)

Flopsy

Hi Flopsy

I'm sure Dave wont mind me answering on his behalf. Not sure this site would like any advertising of another site, but you could just try leaving out the 'critics' bit ;):D

Fig

Archived