We want to congratulate Silversea

Caroldoll

on all the appear to offer. For the top two suites there are laundry and drycleaning which are big ticket items for us. They also offer a certain amount of minutes a day on the computer--yeah...and the dress code MAY BE CHANGING (which is a welcome item for us). For now, we are happy. We are doing our first SS cruise in October. We previously are heavy into Crystal and some Regent. We have never seen these type of benefits before for first time cruisers on a particular cruise line. If everything else is good, they "have us"...for a good long time. We cruise A LOT.

My husband absolutely refuses to have assigned seating with fixed dining times ever again so we are seriously considering Silversea for the variety and freedom of options for meals. He won't cruise if it means having assigned seats at a particular table for most of the dinners.

We also prefer a smaller ship experience and are hoping for a MUCH younger crowd than on Crystal. Also a quieter situation while still being a fine experience. We don't go to the lectures (too much like being at work) and can't stand much of the entertainment.

...and the dress code MAY BE CHANGING

Hi Caroldoll

This comment has come out of left field for me (unless I haven't been paying attention again:D). Just wondering where u heard this?

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466 )

Grand suite. The prices on Silversea are so much less than Crystal and they offer a lot. I know I got a huge shipboard credit on Crystal, but it didn't do it on the laundry and drycleaning alone. I don't care that much about lectures and some of the entertainment. We love music with a cocktail at night. We are very active, very, very active Seniors so we like port-intensive cruises and personalized service. Also enjoy nice people. We are very much looking forward to Silversea. Perhaps some of you can clear up a question though--do they provide wine with dinner? Not a big thing, but I seem to be getting conflicting signals.

Grand suite. The prices on Silversea are so much less than Crystal and they offer a lot. I know I got a huge shipboard credit on Crystal, but it didn't do it on the laundry and drycleaning alone. I don't care that much about lectures and some of the entertainment. We love music with a cocktail at night. We are very active, very, very active Seniors so we like port-intensive cruises and personalized service. Also enjoy nice people. We are very much looking forward to Silversea. Perhaps some of you can clear up a question though--do they provide wine with dinner? Not a big thing, but I seem to be getting conflicting signals.

Except in Le Champagne when you get the $30 menu, they absolutely provide complimentary wine with dinner (or anything else you want to drink) There is also a separate connosieurs' list that you do have to pay extra for, but we have always been able to find a complimentary wine that we like (If you don't care for the featured ones of the night - just ask for something else. They are glad to do it.)

Yes, wine is included with your dinner. You have a choice of the house wines or you can order a special bottle from the menu for a charge. ALL your liquor is included including what you want to have in your suite upon arrival. When you arrive, there will be a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for you in your suite. When you fill out your Guest Information you can request what you want in your suite whether it be soda, wine, liquor, etc. Example: Husband always requests a bottle of Crown Royal and ginger ale. Enjoy!:)

You will really enjoy your experience. And, one of the best perks for the remainder of the suites, is free laundry after 100 days! It certainly keeps our loyalty in check!

Archived