Recommendations for first cruise

Alunan

So I just made the final payment on my first cruise really ever (went on Carnival with my parents when I was younger.) And was hoping to get an idea of what I should pack and whether I should look into certain activities over others.

It is a 3 day coastal from LA to Vancouver on April 29th on the Amsterdam. I don't have a schedule of events on the ship to look at, but if anyone has been on some of the shorter ones I would appreciate recommendations of what to look for. I did make reservations at the Pinnacle for one night. No formal night to look forward to/worry about, and don't really intend on swimming.

So any suggestions?

Pack light - the time will fly. Go to the shows and experience the onboard activities - you may find some fun surprises. Walk the decks - we love to sit on the promenade deck in the deck chairs and watch the scenery and the people- sunny in the morning. We love the PInnacle. Try the different dining experiences - include room service , the Lido and the Dining room. Check out the different bars for entertainment- most of the ships offer something for everyone - you may find HAL more laid back than Carnival - our friends do both - I am partial to HAL - like the service etc.

Check out the roll call boards and see if there is anyone here joining and if not start a board and see who shows up. We have met some awesome people on the boards here.

JOin the sail away - should be very pretty and warm on the back of the Lido.

Get on the ship as soon as you can - On the east coast check in begins at 11. Spend the day roaming the ship and learning your way around and seeing what there is. Have lunch too - dining room or buffet on Lido. If you are not in a hurry at then end - request to be the last to get off - enjoy a leisure breakfast and watch the others race off : ). Hope you enjoy!

Archived