If you are flying thru Cleveland 1/22/05...

AFT_LOVER

leave tonday! Major storm with over a foot os snow tonite & plenty more with high winds all day tomorrow. Forecasters have been alerting us for 2 days and I don't want you losing a cruise.

Yes, I am working the airport tomorrow assisting stuck folks with hotels & cheap way to them....

Been there, done it!!!!!! If your're reading this board, it may be too late, but......if you are supposed to leave tomorrow (or the next day) and a major storm is headed your way and the possibility and PROBABILITY of airport closure, rerouting, blah, blah, blah is most likely, if you can leave TODAY, if there are seats on the plane, just abouve EVERY airline WILL send you today at NO additional changing/rebooking charge. Go now, find a hotel once your're there!

Same for NY and the Tri-state area. Predicting a foot of snow or more with winds making near blizzard conditions. Should start around 1 pm tomorrow with snow reaching 1-2 inches and hour around 4 p.m.

If you are suppose to leave for a cruise Sunday.....call your carrier and leave tonight...do not wait until tomorrow morning as the plane may not have arrived from its orginal destination the night before

regarding the weather in Cleve. We are ex-Clevelanders and do travel there often, and possibly were to go there on Monday. We were there right after Christmas for a funeral, and still lots of snow left.

A question for you: Is there a particular weather site on the web that you use for weather predictions? We leave in two weeks from Kansas City, and I sure would like it if someone like you would post the forthcoming weather.

Ice here is not fun.

Grace, (formerly of Rocky River).

Old Brooklyn area for us (Memphis & Ridge Rds).

I like www.accuweather,com out of Pittsburgh. When I was at 3WE radio & we had the blizzard of 1978, I was wakened by DJ Jack Reynolds at 3AM telling me Accuweather sent him an alert to broadcast of 4' of snow & hurricane winds to start at 5AM that day. So I was told to pack for a week, bring extra deodorant for the men too (DJs & techs), toothpaste & brushes. Got to know him & Larry Morrow very well for a week. We watched the white hurricane hit blowing glass out fo skyscrapers, blowing buses over, cars over, people as far as we could watch from the 20th floor. Even the apartments has waves in the toilets from the building moving.

Never a storm like that again here, but folks don't know it to realize what can go wrong............

we will be leaving in 2 1/2 weeks. We are in Madison OH (about 35 miles east of Cleveland) roads are awful, visibility not good. I think we probably have about 6" now and the worst is to come this afternoon.

They haven't closed Hopkins yet and maybe it won't be necessary.

Have a wonderful cruise and take care!!

We are in Toledo Oh. We were told to expect 2 inches when we got up this morning and 4 more during the day.

WRONG! We got up to 5 inches this morning and now they are saying 8-12 overall!

Summit take me away!

Many folks very upset with UAL cancelling all their flights from 4AM til 4AM Sunday & even have a "call to check" added. Flights were coming & going as the cleaning crew had dumpt trucks collecting snow that the Cadipillar (sp) huge shovelers were scooping up & dumping into them. The deicing was another task & NWA ran out of deicer, again as they did Christmas Eve & NYE when they cancelled all their flights from New Years Day. Detroit again sent them here as they had the blizzard & closed their airport.

AND THE PEOPLE, attitudes that could drive a very delightful person into jumping off a bridge............... so glad to be home & I took the snow blower just to get it off my back & I do feel loads better............ and the sweet grammies that I got all in the same room at the Sheraton at $29 for the room (I let them use some of my Starwood points) since they promised cookies for CPD 2nd district. The hotel manager gave us lunch for FREE since I had such delightful ladies making my day. For Cheif of Police, now head of Homeland Security at Hopkins joined us & they went nuts. Great fun on a horrid day. 13" so far & a break for a few hours.

News just announced that JFK is closed for all flights until further notice. Snow is really coming down with the winds.....not nice outside. They are now predicting the snow will not end until noon tomorrow and we could see up to 25 inches and drifts of 3 feet or more. Hope that those who are cruising this weekend were able to get out last night or this morning

When I got up this morning, here in the Detroit area, they were predicting 4-6 inches of snow by noon and 1-2 more inches by tonight. The last prediction I heard was the same, but we already had close to 12" by noon. I don't expect the weatherman to get the forecast correct, but how hard is it to give an accurate account of what's already happened???

Man, I'd rather be cruising than shoveling!

Due to the 65 mph winds that just started & whipping the snow around for -0- visibility & ODOT can't plow & salt ast enouh, tho salt isn't working, as even I had to use the chemical with it to get the ice to melt as it is -14 wind chill at 4:30PM.

So glad to be home after the jerks at the airport with me helping as many as humanly possible. Airlines do not pay for hotels with weather delays & folks to East Coast are CANCELLED as it started in DC-N Carolina. Later will be Boston-NYC so tomorrow will be fun as it isn't us closed it is them. So I was on my cell phone to hotels that I made a list in my pocket to get rooms for folks at a price they could afford downtown (Hampton, Comfort Inn, Sheraton - all for under $100). Then got them on the Rapid Transit train downtown for $1.50 each, not $20 cab ride. Many were hugs & kisses, other complained some more............

TSA was at it again also with this "feel up" method of scanning. One woman, quite large topped, just flipped up her shirt to show she had NO bra! So they were going to arrest her & I got her to her gate & on the plane, as I agree. It is getting too over the top! Another man was fuming that his laptop was gone. His stuff goes thru the scanner & he is asked to be scanned, but he can't get his stuff next to him first? WRONG!

GET ME ON A CRUISE - Even Lake Erie!!!!!! No phone, no find me!

we will be leaving in 2 1/2 weeks. We are in Madison OH (about 35 miles east of Cleveland) roads are awful, visibility not good. I think we probably have about 6" now and the worst is to come this afternoon.

They haven't closed Hopkins yet and maybe it won't be necessary.

Have a wonderful cruise and take care!!

Archived