Millennium = Norovirus!

happycruiser1942

Just returned from the Baltic Cruise on the Celebrity Constellation (May 16-28, 2010) and there was a major outbreak of norovirus. I became sick on the third day and they started taking major precautions the 5th day of the 12 day cruise. I take major precautions with hand washing and sanitizing and couldn't believe I got sick. I sanitize my hands after handling the menu even! Oh well, I think it must have been in the food.

Cabin crew wore masks and gloves. Ship crew stood by with sanitizers everywhere aboard and were washing down tables, chairs, carpet etc. The buffet and coffee were staffed. They were going out with another cruise right after ours so said they would do a "major" clean in the few hours between cruises. I love cruises but not sure I want to risk the norovirus again-really violent virus. I was lucky that mine was mostly over in a day; there were people who were really ill for four days.

We just got off the Millennium and the Norovirus was all over the place! We did not talk to one person that did not have someone they were traveling with get sick! Our stateroom attendant told us it was the worse he has ever seen!!

Hi,

This is interesting....

Connie just left the yard before your cruise, following major refit/refurbish/upgrade/etc etc c....

Bug picked up over there ?? Doubt it....

Had to be '' carried on board'' by one pax on embark day ( since initial symptoms showed up 3rd to 5th day into sailing, this makes absolutely good sense ).

Shiny new interiors....and javelled to death the very first cruise...too bad.

Hopefully, your overall vacation was not ruined out.

Did you have a chance, in the latter days of the sailing, to pass judgement on the major changes on board ?

Cheers

Since you are talking about the Constellation and not the Millennium, and it sounds as if about 100 people caught the virus from someone who brought it onboard, adding to a thread titled such as this one doesn't make too much sense. Good idea to let this one die away. And if new cases break out, especially if there are major cases, a new thread can start up.

Might be a good idea to shut this one down.

Sorry you caught it even taking many precautions.

Denny

Archived