Hilton Harbor Island/Airport Hotel San Diego

duckfans13

Does anyone know if there is a place to buy wine near the Hilton Hotel at the airport in San Diego? I won't have a car but can use a taxi. Thanks. I figure some of you local San Diego cruisers would know the answer.

There's not much on Harbor Island other than a few restaurants and a few hotels. Downtown San Diego is about a mile or two along the bay maybe a 30-45 minute walk. On a nice day it's a great walk. Alternately taxi-fare to downtown is maybe $10-15. You could buy wine at a number of places downtown.

San_Diego_Big.jpg.8d9968b0e2ca3488b119e0037fb660ea.jpg

SanDiego.jpg.7e037398fd69c158a901bbc66111c3c7.jpg

There is a Vons supermarket and a Trader Joe's on Liberty Station. Both sell wine. They are about two miles from your hotel. http://www.libertystation.com/ Liberty Station is the former Naval Training Center for new recruits in San Diego. Lots of great restaurants and a couple of nice hotels on Liberty Station. Just about a mile west of the airport.

Jon

Thanks all for the advice. Sounds like a quick taxi to Von's or Trader Joe's will work. I think our hotel offers local shuttle so if it is only about a mile then maybe I can save on taxi fees. Unless --- we chose to go downtown for dinner and that would require a taxi. I could then have then stop somewhere on the way back to the hotel. At least you both have given me some options. Thanks again. CC posters are the best help!

DH and I have stayed at the Hilton Harbor Island and I am pretty sure that the free shuttle makes a trip or two downtown to Horton Plaza, a nice shopping center with restaurants, close to other nice restaurants and places to buy wine. The hotel staff were very accomodating regarding the shuttle and we made sure to provide a nice tip. They may be more than willing to make a run to Liberty Station.

Archived