OV vs Balcony on the Celebration

kdickers

Would it be worth the extra $750 (4-day cruise) to upgrade from a 6C OV to a category 12 Balcony on the Celebration??

There's one available and since this is my first cruise (NEWBIE) I don't know if it's worth it and what amenities are available!!

THANKS!!

Kim

To me it is always worth it to book the balcony. I'm not sure what extras you get with Carnival though. There is nothing like sitting out there at sun set with a glass of wine in your hand. Or getting up, and ordering coffee and danish and sitting out there while you'll pulling into port. Once you book one you'll never cruise without one. ;)

Personally I just don't think it's worth it to cruise unless I have a balcony.. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me. But part of what we enjoy so much on the cruise is relaxing on our balcony. ;) Now, if you're the type of person who like a lot of activity, you may not spend much time there.

The celebraton's baclonies are not like the balconys on the other "bigger" ships. But the balcony cabins on the celebration are suites..cat 11.

With that you get a bigger room. SOmetimes priorty checkin--thats all. (not priorty boarding)

To me 750.00 could buy a lot of soverniers and excursions. For our first cruise we did an inside with 5 people. We were in out cabin to sleep, shower and get changed. That was it.

Sure the balcony is nice to have to sit and drink coffee but you can do that out on the upper decks for 750 cheaper...my vote- take the oceanview cabin and spend the 750 with zest.

ps-- that 750 could pay for another week of a cruise for a person.

Archived