Prices Cut on Olympus Waterproof Camera

keishashadow

posting JIK anybody else has been waiting to pounce, BestBuy online has slashed price of

Olympus-Stylus 10.0-Megapixel Digital Camera-Blue-550WP

to under $100 shipped, i cashed in all my rewards & am waiting shipment

Adorama had it for even less $89xx no tax, S&H included

http://www.adorama.com/IOMS550WPT.html?searchinfo=olympus+550

It's the older model, still has many good reviews, pics & videos look good that were posted online & it has decent features. I do currently have a vivitar w/a housing, it worked surprisingly well...this has double the power & the mr & i will both have our own now.:) We are just too skittish to use the waterproof bags on our 'good' cameras & consider this a good compromise considering the single usage ones are $10+

Pretty sweet deal. I suspect it'll do a little better than the FujiFilm that runs about $130. I have a Canon SX20 is but want something a little smaller for the cruise and had been looking at a small Canon but this might just fit the bill.

the 550SW was my first uw/drop proof camera and provided me with excellent pictures considering its compactness. It was stolen and replaced with a 770SW which was also stolen and replaced with the Tough 6010 which I still have. For cheap cheerful pics, underwater pics or outdoor roughweather pics they are excellent cameras. If you are taking landscapes or nightshots then they are really too tiny to provide exceptional quality. The 550WP is only waterproof not drop proof but I would say definitely worth the reduced price being offered above.

Archived