Cave Tubing/Ziplining-what to bring with

debster818

We are doing Major Tom's Cave Tubing/Ziplining combo and we need to know.

1. What should you pack in your bag to bring with? ie. types of clothes, shoes, camera?, bug spray, etc.

2. What do we wear for Cave Tubing and Zipling?

3. Do we get to change clothes anywhere for either or do we wear whatever we have on all day?

4. Do you recommend that we bring a pair of old gym shoes to wear for the hike into the jungle for the cave tubing? We can always toss them afterwards.

Thanks so much for your input!!

We are doing Major Tom's Cave Tubing/Ziplining combo and we need to know.

1. What should you pack in your bag to bring with? ie. types of clothes, shoes, camera?, bug spray, etc.

2. What do we wear for Cave Tubing and Zipling?

3. Do we get to change clothes anywhere for either or do we wear whatever we have on all day?

4. Do you recommend that we bring a pair of old gym shoes to wear for the hike into the jungle for the cave tubing? We can always toss them afterwards.

Thanks so much for your input!!

look at the webiste: http://www.****************/Cave-tubing-21Steps.aspx. if you find you still have questions: email them!

ok..it blocks the website but you should know it: cave - tubing . net

look at 21 tips & faqs

We just got back from cave tubing and ziplining with another operator in Belize. We wore our tennis shoes for the zip line and then were able to change into water shoes before we went tubing. The water shoes were fine for the hike. It was not very strenuous. We wore our swimsuits under our clothes, but could have changed if we wanted to. We brought bug spray, but never used or needed it. I took our digital camera for the zip line and an underwater camera for the tubing.

They took pictures of us at the zipline and sold us the CD for $20. The cave tubing CD was $35.

We just got back from cave tubing and ziplining with another operator in Belize. We wore our tennis shoes for the zip line and then were able to change into water shoes before we went tubing. The water shoes were fine for the hike. It was not very strenuous. We wore our swimsuits under our clothes, but could have changed if we wanted to. We brought bug spray, but never used or needed it. I took our digital camera for the zip line and an underwater camera for the tubing.

They took pictures of us at the zipline and sold us the CD for $20. The cave tubing CD was $35.

What tour operator did you use and would you recommend this one for first timers? I'm looking at Major Tom, ActionBoys, Jaguarpaw.com. All are around the same price..$95-$100 for the combination tour. We are leaving in two weeks. Thanks for any advice....

What type of underwater camera did you bring? I went to the store today and the two "waterproof" one time cameras did not have a flash. Can you use this type in the caves? Were you able to take pics ziplining? What did you do with your digital when you were tubing?

We went with Jaguar Paw. We had a great day with them. We paid 70 a piece for the combo tour, but I did hear the price has since gone up.

We are booked with Jaguar Paws in April for just the cave tubing. I understand they sold the business to someone else and some have expressed concern that the service is not as good. Did you have any problems? How was the tubing and food?

debster,I have an Intova camera that I use for diving with a flash. You could use a disposable for the walk to the cave and pics before and after you enter the cave. Even with my flash the pics did not turn out that good.

spiritunderwaterpics086.jpg?t=1267670943

The pics outside of the cave were nice to have.

spiritunderwaterpics063.jpg?t=1267671236

spiritunderwaterpics103.jpg?t=1267671272

For the zipline I hooked my digital on my belt loop. I took pictures of the rest of the group as they left the platform. After the zip line we went back to the van to change our shoes and to put the digital away.

IMG_4001.jpg?t=1267671550

bubbachief, we had no problems at all with the service. Our driver, Robert picked us up at the Radisson and stayed with us all day. He didn't do the activities with us. We met our guide at the river. We ate lunch in their restaurant which was chicken, slaw, rice and a bottle of soda. Robert also gave us a quick tour of the resort.

spiritunderwaterpics041.jpg?t=1267671938

We enjoyed our day and would use them again.

Archived