Dzibilchaltun Tour in Progreso

h_blond2

Autoprogreso is a very professional and reliable company. I took their tour last December and it was a vey good day. While DZ is not as big and impressive as some of the ruins it is well worth going to see. They have an indoor museum that is very professional in the way it is presented. Hopefully you are not going on Monday, the museum is closed that day.

I will be in Progreso in May and am wanting to take the Dzibilchaltun tour with Autoprogeso. Has anyone taken this tour? Any information about the tour or Autoprogreso would be appreciated! Thanks!! :)

My husband and I went to Dzibilchaltun a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. We have never been to any other ruins so we have nothing to compare it to. But we liked hearing the history that was there. In addition to the ruins there is also a Cenote, basically a very clear fresh water pond, that you can swim in. Well, you could when we were there anyway. We booked the excursion through Carnival so I can't tell you anything about Autoprogresso.

enjoy your trip!!

• 4 weeks later...

My fiance' and I took the Dzibilchaltun excursion last September and had a good time. Its not as many have said to the size of other ruins around the area, but it was a nice tour to go on.

We didnt go on a Monday so we got to go inside the museum and it was very well run as well.

When we were there last year, we happened to be there the day before the summer sulstis (spelling) was to take place there in Dzibilchaltun and it was pretty cool to see all of the native or Myan descendants there preparing for rituals etc.

Our tour guide actually spoke Myan which was pretty cool to us.

Fiance' out front of Dzibilchaltun right before you go into the place.

23506_106387479387797_100000496376879_159379_7867872_n.jpg

A shot from a distance from a Myan ruin

23506_106387496054462_100000496376879_159383_4917569_n.jpg

Kati and I in front of the ruins.

23506_106387509387794_100000496376879_159387_5417647_n.jpg

Archived