La terrazza & reservations

Jade13

Can someone please explain the reservation system and La Terrazza. Is this the more casual venue?

We are scheduled to be on SilverWind next year and looking at options (besides eating in our stateroom) if we decided not to do the Formal nights. The clothing we usually bring fits the standard "Informal" (suit with no ties and no long ballgown).

I am not looking for a debate on going on ships and following the dress codes, just looking at our options if we decide not to bring a ball gown, especially since we are now traveling with one checked bag each. I believe this would be for the 3 formal nights scheduled on a 14 night cruise.

Also, note we were on PAII last year and one person wore shorts, t-shirt (usually the same one) and flip flops to the dining room every night for dinner. He was never stopped.

When you board the ship, go to the Terraza restaurant and the Maitre'D should be there. He will know what the formal nights are. He will book you for the first one and waitlist you for the subsequent ones. My understanding is that the popularity of this venue is decreased since they no longer change the menu each night, so it will probably work out that you can dine there as often as you would like. FOr the waitlist reservations they will call your cabin on the reserved day to let you know if you are confirmed for that night.

I wouldn't worry too much about the dress on the formal nights - a lot of women just wear cocktail dresses and as long as the men have a dark suit and tie you will be fine.

Have fun!

In the last few months, they have gone to a larger menu that does not rotate on theme like it used to. Some of the dishes are exceptional. Check out the appetizer platter that has 9 different ones. Beautiful presentation. I like veal piccatta and veal marsala (with no mushrooms), but they do veal milanese on the menu. I know it won't rotate, so this would involve ordering special in advance.

When you state the menu does not change every night do you mean it's the same one dinner entree or that the variety of entrees offered do not change?

thanks

Neilio,

There is a choice from the Menu,but the Menu stays the same,offering you the choices,so by two weeks you are having the same things over and over.If you are only on for a short time then you will not get tired of this wonderful food,only fat.

In the last few months, they have gone to a larger menu that does not rotate on theme like it used to. Some of the dishes are exceptional. Check out the appetizer platter that has 9 different ones. Beautiful presentation. I like veal piccatta and veal marsala (with no mushrooms), but they do veal milanese on the menu. I know it won't rotate, so this would involve ordering special in advance.

Debbie, are all the restaurants listed on another thread just on the newest ship? On PAII there was just one dining room. We are scheduled to be on SilverWind next year. Thanks.

Archived