Top 5 things to do on the island and why

rgreenpc

I would like some advice from those of you that have experience with St. Martin.

I have never been myself, and my fiancee and I will be there on our honeymoon in late October.

Coming in on the CCL Legend that leaves 24 october from Pt. Evergaldes.

Well, since there were no other responses today, I'll toss out my off the top suggestions, subject to revision after I learn a little more about you and your future wife.

1) Shopping on Front Street, because it's the best in the Caribbean

2) Orient Beach, because

3) Maho/Sunset Beach Bar because the planes are awesome, and topless women drink free

4) Marigot, because just wandering the streets and shops does have a very French sensation

5) Cole Bay Hill Overlook (Bethel), because it truly is a beautiful view of Simpson Bay Lagoon and the sea, including Saba, and hopefully other nearby islands

So, that being said, what are your interests? Are you shopping/beaching/drinking/?????? people?

How long do you have in port?

By the way, I would definitely suggest that you plan to make arrangements for a taxi driver for the day or possibly hook up with our friend Joyce Prince for a personalized tour of the island.

My favorite experience in St. Martin was the America's Cup sailing excursion. Great fun and you don't have to know anything about sailing, they will teach you. I was on Dennis Conner's boat "Stars and Stripes" and we won the race!

John C.

The vendor has restrictions where cruiseship passengers must book thru the cruiseship. If you book it directly, don't tell them you are on a cruiseship. In this case they may want the name of the place where you are staying. That's easy as it will be a private yacht anchored in Simpson Bay! :)

Archived