Booking while on board?

rollie

I dont think you can actually book a cruise while on the other cruise, you can purchase the cruise certificate though, but then you book once on land.

The crusie certificate cost $250 and will serve as your deposit on your next book, in exchange, you will get $100 OBC on your current cruise.

Someone else will have to explain how long you have to book and sail when using the certificate, it changed recently.

If you put done a $250 deposit (that is what they call) on a cruise while on a NCL ship, they will give you a $100 ship board credit immediately to be used on the cruise you are on at the time. Best part is you don't have to pick a ship or sail date yet.:D I believe you have a year to use it. Great deal if you know already that you will be sailing next year on NCL. We always do this, helps with drink money!:p

Just wondering if NCL offers any incentives for booking while on board.

Rollie

You cannot book on board! We tried everything on board, whilst on the Black Sea cruise on Jade in October 2009, to book the cruise immediately following. We knew there was availability but they said we could only book it through our TA. In the end we decided it was going to be too difficult to contact our TA, and costly to change homeward flights etc.

The only onboard incentive, and the best incentive on the ship by far, for booking a future cruise is to purchase a "future cruise reward" at a cost of $250. As an incentive to purchase, an immediate OBC of $100 is granted, so the real cost of the future reward is only $150 (but worth $250). Provided you are not booking a suite, the $250 future reward acts as the only deposit required at time of booking for your stateroom (provided you are not booking after normal final payment date). You have to use the reward within 4 years of the date you purchase it.

Edit: Now see that others have posted similar, whilst I was processing my response...sorry for repeat.

I take it the deposit is non-refundable? If it was refundable, what would stop someone from depositing 250, getting 100 obc, booking a cruise, then cancelling before final payment?

Can the cruise certificate be used for another cruise for which the deposit has already been made?

Thanks!

From NCL:

Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash.

To read all the small print, go to:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CruiseRewards

The cruise rewards certificate are good for 4 years from the date of purchase, and they are transferable. I think it is a great way to get the $100. OBC for the cruise you are on. Also, it is your deposit for the next cruise ($250.) and no additional money is needed until final payment.

If you put done a $250 deposit (that is what they call) on a cruise while on a NCL ship, they will give you a $100 ship board credit immediately to be used on the cruise you are on at the time. Best part is you don't have to pick a ship or sail date yet.:D I believe you have a year to use it. Great deal if you know already that you will be sailing next year on NCL. We always do this, helps with drink money!:p

Is this per deposit? or per cabin?

Can you buy 4 certificates for example, and receive $400 OBC?

Can you buy 4 certificates for example, and receive $400 OBC?
I believe 4 is the limit, but "Yes".
No, you can only use one certificate per cabin. Up to 4 cabins per cruise.:)

So what I think I am reading; while on the trip you can spend up to $1,000, get up to $400 OBC, and use $250 for 4 cabins in the future - right?

We took the offer on our trip in September and used the $250 to book our upcoming trip but at no time did I read that you could buy more that one at a time.

DeW

PS Cruisin Tom, we live in Puyallup.

So what I think I am reading; while on the trip you can spend up to $1,000, get up to $400 OBC, and use $250 for 4 cabins in the future - right?

We took the offer on our trip in September and used the $250 to book our upcoming trip but at no time did I read that you could buy more that one at a time.

DeW

PS Cruisin Tom, we live in Puyallup.

Right. Spend $1000, get $400 OBC, get (4) $250 deposits for (4) cabins.

Ok, what if you are on a cruise and you have already book a future one. Can you use that deposit for that cruise?

Does that make sense? :rolleyes:

No, the voucher can only be used for a new booking.

Can you explain what these "credit's are. I dont think we have heard of them over here (UK). I have been cruising for a number of year's now, am I missing out on somethng

The only onboard incentive, and the best incentive on the ship by far, for booking a future cruise is to purchase a "future cruise reward" at a cost of $250. As an incentive to purchase, an immediate OBC of $100 is granted, so the real cost of the future reward is only $150 (but worth $250). Provided you are not booking a suite, the $250 future reward acts as the only deposit required at time of booking for your stateroom (provided you are not booking after normal final payment date). You have to use the reward within 4 years of the date you purchase it, and can purchase a maximum of 4 i.e. total cost $1000 with $400 OBC. Only one can be used for each cabin, and they can be assigned to another person e.g. if there were a family group or aprty of friends etc.

We used them for our UK booking, and they are simply converted into sterling at the prevailing rate at time of booking.

Archived