Singapore Jurong Bird Park

Luker

You can visit this world class bird zoo on your own for much less than the ships tour .

Go to the MRT Station at Harbour Front adjacent to the Cruise Terminal and take the Purple Line to DHOBY GHAUT and change there to Green Line and take the train to the end of the line at BOON LAY . As you exit the platform at ground level turn left and take Bus 194 from the bus terminal to the Jurong Bird Park . Allow 1/2 day at Bird Park and train/bus will take you 60 - 75 minutes each way . Alternatively just take a taxi from the Cruise Centre direct, would be much quicker . Taxis in Singapore are cheap and very reliable.

You can visit this world class bird zoo on your own for much less than the ships tour .

Go to the MRT Station at Harbour Front adjacent to the Cruise Terminal and take the Purple Line to DHOBY GHAUT and change there to Green Line and take the train to the end of the line at BOON LAY . As you exit the platform at ground level turn left and take Bus 194 from the bus terminal to the Jurong Bird Park . Allow 1/2 day at Bird Park and train/bus will take you 60 - 75 minutes each way . Alternatively just take a taxi from the Cruise Centre direct, would be much quicker . Taxis in Singapore are cheap and very reliable.

Hi Kuldalai! I totally agree and I enjoyed the train ride through the suburbs. I actually explain that in my post so that people don't spend extra money on an excursion. :) The only thing is that if someone has a difficult time walking too much or venturing out on their own, then the excursion might be beneficial.

Has anybody visited the Singapore Zoo as well as the bird park? We only have 2 days after our cruise so I may have to decide between the bird park and the zoo. I loved Luther's pictures and we really do enjoy watching birds, so right now I'm leaning towards the bird park and maybe the Night Safari. I also want time to see other parts of Singapore like Little India, etc. I know 2 days isn't enough but unfortunately it's all we have.

Anyway, I'm just interested in opinions, I know we have to decide for ourselves :)

Has anybody visited the Singapore Zoo as well as the bird park? We only have 2 days after our cruise so I may have to decide between the bird park and the zoo. I loved Luther's pictures and we really do enjoy watching birds, so right now I'm leaning towards the bird park and maybe the Night Safari. I also want time to see other parts of Singapore like Little India, etc. I know 2 days isn't enough but unfortunately it's all we have.

Anyway, I'm just interested in opinions, I know we have to decide for ourselves :)

Hi Goof3!

Someone asked the same question on google and here are the answers:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080813003640AAD7YFK

I have not been to the Zoo, but I suppose it depends on how specialized you want to be. It's entirely possible to do both the zoo and the bird park in one day..and the night safari if you have the energy! LOL

I haven't posted on it yet, but there is a Sightseeing bus system that you can buy a ticket for in the city, which will take you around to all the areas. You can get on and off as you wish. There are actually two tour routes and they give you a map that shows you where all the stops are (including little India). It's a great way to see the city if you don't have a lot of time and you can decide what you want to see that way. It's an open top bus, with seats below if you want to stay out of the sun.

Hopefully someone will give some more insight on the zoo. :)

I have to confess we are zoo (well, animal) groupies - we did both Night Safari and the Zoo last month.

I'd rate the Zoo more highly and strongly recommend forking-out (may need to pre-book) for the Jungle Breakfast. It's a good zoo but there are good zoos everywhere and the Night Safari is more unique. The tram there is a must-do. There is a discounted entry ticket to visit both.

Taxi was about S$35 each way from Cruise Centre / Harbourfront.

Many cities have general Zoos . Singapore is the best and one of very few bird zoos in the World and not to be missed.

Do the Jurong Bird Park by day, and the famous Night Safari Tour of the Singapore Zoo at night . This is generally coach tour, book at your Hotel desk .

Many cities have general Zoos . Singapore is the best and one of very few bird zoos in the World and not to be missed.

Do the Jurong Bird Park by day, and the famous Night Safari Tour of the Singapore Zoo at night . This is generally coach tour, book at your Hotel desk .

Great advice Kuldalai! :)

Archived