Question about Spa Services-Manicure/Pedicure

LuckyLoon

How are massages on-board? Are they pushing products DURING the massage? I can deal with the hard-sell befor or after the treatment, but during, I'd just want to relax! I never get massages at home, but it is something I like to do on vacation....as long as I don't have to have my guard up the whole time while they put on the hard sell.

I decided this last cruise to give myself a mani-pedi before I left and splurge for the massage on board....That was the best decision I ever made! I had the 75 minute hot stone massage on the Westerdam and it was the best massage I ever had. The therapist gave me a collaghan (sp?) facial at the end and tried to sell me the products. I just told her DH was in charge of the spending and I'd get back to her. This was a great facial even though I opted not to purchase the products. In all, I got almost 2 hours of pampering for $195 plus tip. Well worth it! I was relaxed for the rest of the trip! I've done several massages and mani-pedis on previous cruises but this was the best!

How are massages on-board? Are they pushing products DURING the massage? I can deal with the hard-sell befor or after the treatment, but during, I'd just want to relax! I never get massages at home, but it is something I like to do on vacation....as long as I don't have to have my guard up the whole time while they put on the hard sell.

I had the best massage I've ever had aboard a HAL ship. I wanted a deep tissue massage and made that clear from the start. There was no hard sell for that.

I always try to get my mani and pedi pre cruise by a day or so. My nail/foot salon has the whirlpools and massage chairs. I love going there. It's $27 for the pedi and $18 for the mani + tip. I think it is more than worth it. About a week before I get my eyebrows waxed and my eyelashes done with semi perm color good for a month. I love that, I am blonde and this makes the eyes look good even without mascara.

I have never heard or seen the plastic wrap on the feet bit but it sounds pretty cool. Living in Arizona we don't have the weather problems many of you face.

We have gotten massages on the cruise and they save the hardsell until after you're done. They are good but I live very close to a massage college and can get a full hour for $30.

Archived