Hyatt Regency in Ft. Lauderdale

BB5953

The rooms.. even the ones in the tower have gotten a little tired. I would never pay rack rate for the property.

The property was recently sold and is due for reconstruction, starting with the pool area first.

If you are staying before April 05, you should be okay.

Thanks! We got the room via priceline for $100. I thought that was pretty good as the rooms are going for $250. We are their March 31 - April 1st before we board Summit. We'll keep our fingers crossed but beign we paid $100 I'll be happy if it is just clean and the pool is decent.

PL rooms are in the low-rise section of the hotel, either facing the marina or the courtyard/pool area. Once in awhile, especially when there is low occupancy.. and it's raining... they will upgrade PL customers to the lowerl level tower rooms with lovely views of the banquet facilities roofs.

Just stayed there on Jan 6 pre Summit cruise. This was the 1st time we stayed here, usually we bid 3* and get Marriott. I would say if your staying for 1 night pre cruise the Marriott is just as nice, plus its closer to the grocery store. We got it for $80 on priceline and stayed in the Lania area? I didn't think it was much better than the Marriott. I say save the $ and bid 3*

Stayed at this property many times and yes she is getting a bit tired. Glad to hear of the upgade. Even so $100 sounds like a good price but as has been pointed out it is probably in the “Lani” building. Not that that is all bad. It is a two story building around the pool with nice size balconies. But if you were expecting a view of the port and the ships you will be disappointed. If you stay there be sure to go up to the revolving bar on the top floor and watch the ships sail away. Again the room needs some work but you will spend the whole time looking at the view so who cares! The smoked fish dip in the bar is a pretty good appetizer as well.

Archived