Designer Knock Offs in Nassau

kati89

I have heard from a few different sources that there is some designer knock off shopping in Nassau. I have been to New York a few times and do some serious designer knock off shopping on Canal Street. In the past I have bought some Coach, Channel, Louis Vuitton, and Burberry knock off bags in New York that I swear might have actually been real they were so good. I paid between $25 and $60 dollars for these bags depending on their size and quality. I have also bought things like sunglasses, watches, wallets, etc. I am wondering if anyone knows how the designer knock offs in Nassau compare to New York. My cruise is leaving from New York and I will have to do my shopping there before seeing what the products in Nassau are like so any help is appreciated on the quality, variety, availability, and price of products in Nassau! Thanks :)

They have some pretty good knockoffs at the straw market right off the ship in Nassau. You really have to look around first - some of the vendors have better ones than others. Most of the bags are under $40 and you can bargain quite a bit off that so you can get a great deal.

I don't think they are as good as what you've seen though - I can see all sorts of glaring shortcomings on the ones I've gotten but most people can't tell! For example, I've gotten a Vuitton that looks really good on the outside but the lining is bad, the Coach bags have straps that are too thin for their comparable actual Coach bag, and a Burberry tote I really wanted from a distance had bad trim along the seaming. So I guess your answer is no, a person with a fair amount of knowledge of the genuine article will know right off if you're carrying any of the bags I've seen there!

I've gone full-circle on purchasing knock-offs. First trips to NYC and Nassau and I was all excited to see them but really they're fake and most people can tell. I realized I can take $40-$60 to a department and get a much nicer and higher quality handbag than I did on Canal Street. I also didn't like the atmosphere of Canal Street or the Straw Market-I felt like prey for the vultures.

But when we were there a few years ago they did have some sunglasses, don't know about the watches as I definately wouldn't chance buying something mechanical that couldn't be returned if it quit working.

• 2 weeks later...
ok no offense to anyone who buys anything knock off but why? knock off purses and sunglasses are so obvious. exp. fake coach purses...you can tell just by looking at them that they are fake.

I'm with you..

I'm reluctant to wear my REAL stuff.. don't want anyone to think I'd wear that cheap junk.

I'm with you..

I'm reluctant to wear my REAL stuff.. don't want anyone to think I'd wear that cheap junk.

i feel the same way. i feel like people are looking at me thinking my coach is fake because i am so young. little do they know that i am a great bargain finder and go to the outlet and only pay $90 a purse!

• 4 years later...

What a find last week on the Splendor!

We were walking the main street in Nassau, just returning from the Straw Market which was a complete waste of time. A woman asked us if we wanted designer handbags. I knew they were knock-offs but decided to look myself. She took us to a second story "store" where I was in knock-off heaven! I decided on a beautiful, fully authentic looking white Tory Burch gold chain crossbody and my DD chose a black Michael Korrs crossbody. We paid about $30 each for both.

I can't wait to go back to Nassau and stop here again. Are there other knock-off stores? This was kinda sketchy, I saw the sign I think it was called "The handbag store", then you walk up a flight of steps, nod at the security guard, and walk into a room filled with many many bags.

I thought the prices and "knock-off" quality was suburb, better than Canal Street. They had watches and sunglasses too but I only had enough money to purchase a bag for myself and DD but would love to go back!

• 3 weeks later...

The Straw Market is the best place to get any type of knockoff anything. Every time I go there I get offered (obviously) fake glasses, purses, and watches. You can also get some bootlegged DVD's if you are into that just watch out coming home. The straw market is located in downtown Nassau maybe a 2 or 3 minute walk from where the cruise ships dock.

The Straw Market is the best place to get any type of knockoff anything. Every time I go there I get offered (obviously) fake glasses, purses, and watches. You can also get some bootlegged DVD's if you are into that just watch out coming home. The straw market is located in downtown Nassau maybe a 2 or 3 minute walk from where the cruise ships dock.

I was there in June and did not see ANY knockoffs in the straw market. We walked across the street and found a bag store on a side street where they had an excellent selection of top quality knockoffs.

I was there in June and did not see ANY knockoffs in the straw market. We walked across the street and found a bag store on a side street where they had an excellent selection of top quality knockoffs.

Yeah, I think they were kicked out of the straw market. There will be people holding signs outside the straw market who can lead you to their shop if you are looking for knockoffs.

across from the straw market and up that street.. lots of knockoff shops.. one after the other.. there will be shills on the street who get a commission for bringing you to the shops.. just say no thanks.. the shops are very visible you don't need them to take you there and its very safe

Edited by Host Star

across from the straw market and up that street.. lots of knockoff shops.. one after the other.. there will be shills on the street who get a commission for bringing you to the shops.. just say no thanks.. the shops are very visible you don't need them to take you there and its very safe

You realize that buying and selling these knockoffs is against the law in both the Bahamas and the US. You can be arrested and fined if the cops have a "round up" day. Buyers are arrested and fined from time to time.

And there are some days that customs check passengers while boarding.

just saying.

• 4 weeks later...

The knock offs I've seen in Nassau are obvious JUNK. And the prices were pretty high considering they were obvious fakes. You can get a decent Michael Kors, Guess, or Betsy Johnson bag at Ross, TJ Max, Burlington, or Marshalls. Or, go to the outlet store's clearance rack and sign up for their loyalty program to get coupons for additional discounts. That way you get a REAL purse for a little more money.