Who has stayed at the Pan Pacific?

zachnlucy

At the lowest price I could find (on Expedia) of $308 per night for August, my husband just laughed when I mentioned it to him. I even explained that we could avoid cab fare since it is located AT the pier, but it still didn't work. Sigh.

We stayed last year at the Pan Pacific. We LOVED it, yes it cost more money than we wanted to spend but we were on our honeymoon and decided to stay there. I might be able to find some pics that we took of it, if you would like. The next time we go back to Alaska, we will be staying there again. We walked to Stanley Park and were next to the pier. If you have any other questions you can e-mail me

Jenny

jenifire@iserv.net

At the lowest price I could find (on Expedia) of $308 per night for August, my husband just laughed when I mentioned it to him. I even explained that we could avoid cab fare since it is located AT the pier, but it still didn't work. Sigh.

Hi!

Top marks! We got off the Summit, cleared customs and immigration, and went right up to the hotel. A beautiful room, great dining (the Seafood Buffet was fantastic), and a terrific location (pickup point for tours if you want to see some of that beautiful city!).

They do have specials - check on the hotel website as well as with Travelocity, Expedia, etc. We found the best deal directly with the hotel.

We stayed across the street from the Pan Pacific last summer... at the Fairmont Waterfront. Great views, great room, great hotel. And if you can get a good price, staying on the club floor is amazing.

Sandy

re: Early checkin

Almost ANY hotel will allow you to checkin early. In all my "heavy" traveling I have NEVER heard of a hotel that does not allow early checkin.

As to getting a room, it depends if they have any available. If it is mid morning, and they were a full house the night before, they may not have any clean rooms to give you. And, sometimes the desk clerk is too busy or does not want to bother finding a room.

But all hotels will check you in, and the larger with facilities will store your bags.

we loved the Pan Pacific.......I got it thru bcpassport .com. We had a great view of the ships coming in and out, plus the sea planes coming and going. There's an Imax right there that had a great Alaskan movie. In the AM they pick up your luggage and bring it to the ship! It had the most comfortable bed also!

Thank you so much for the information on the Pan Pacific and early check in. I was hoping that was the case. Even if they just store the luggage, that would enable us to go see the sights until check in time.

What was on the seafood buffet and what was the price???

We got this hotel with the AAA discount (thanks to the person who posted the price) in June for $280 CA - what a deal. We stayed here in June 2001 and it was wonderful. The Italian buffet was great (Friday nights) and to have the luggage delivered to the ship was great - no hassle.

Can't wait to stay here again!!

280 CAD? That was in 2001, right? I wonder what the AAA discount would be now. It might be worth joining just for that.

We got a res there this June (2005) for $287 USD and that includes a "welcome gift", a buffet breakfasts, and a late check-out. City view but I figure we will see enough of the ship when we are one.

Anyone have an inkling what this welcome gift could be? I understand that the buffet is pretty good and we will be trying the Italian buffet at night. I am sure I will post when we get back. I hope these 6 months sure do go fast.

What was on the seafood buffet and what was the price???

We got this hotel with the AAA discount (thanks to the person who posted the price) in June for $280 CA - what a deal. We stayed here in June 2001 and it was wonderful. The Italian buffet was great (Friday nights) and to have the luggage delivered to the ship was great - no hassle.

Can't wait to stay here again!!

Hi!

As I remember, the Seafood Buffet was offered only on Friday night and had more things than you could ever try to sample. It was excellent! Price? I think it was about $30.00 - $35.00 U.S./pp + tax and tip, but don't hold me to that.

We stayed at the hotel for four glorious days last Summer. The views of the floatplanes taking off and landing is worth the price and of course there is Stanley Park right across the water. The hotel itself is simply magnificent with service that is out of this world. Go for it if you can !!!!

Curiosity got the better of me and I checked out the Pan Pacific website for details on the Seafood Buffet I remember. It appears that the Italian Buffet is offered Friday and Saturday evenings and the Market Brunch is offered Sunday. Either the Seafood is no longer staged or I confused it with the Italian Buffet. Either way, the food is wonderful. Price for either the Italian Buffet or Market Brunch is $42.00 CAD/pp + Tax and tip.

Archived