RED SEA CRUISE 11th MARCH

Think I may have a problem - somebody out there may be able to help me. When I received confirmation and details of cruise/stay the following was the information we received:

dep dublin 7.30 arr sharm 15.25 11th march

dep sharm 16.25 arr dublin 20.55 25th march

as we live two and a half hrs from dublin airport booked hotel for march 10th and on return march 26th - NO PROBLEM.

yesterday we received our tickets etc etc. wait for it

dep dublin 13.15 arr sharm 20.45 - I THINK THIS IS A PROBLEM

dep sharm 08.00 arr dublin 12.15

do you really think (knowing airport at sharm) that we have enough time (hoping that it does land at 20.45) to get through customs, find a rep, get on a bus and do whatever else has to be done with SHIP DEP at 22.00.

Also feel that we have lost a fair amount of time seeing as our dep time is now 08.00. Could also have saved ourselves 140.00 euros which we paid for hotel bedroom. We could have caught a train on day of dep and also another on our arrival back in Ireland. Wont say that I am annoyed (but i am) but I am the type of person who always allows plenty of time for Airports, Trains etc and feel this is now going to be one mad rush.

do you really think (knowing airport at sharm) that we have enough time (hoping that it does land at 20.45) to get through customs, find a rep, get on a bus and do whatever else has to be done with SHIP DEP at 22.00.

Plenty of time :) If its a flight through Thomsons, they will wait if needs be.

Don't worry, I was delayed at manchester airport for 6 hours onceand we never got on the Spirit untill 3am . They had to have a "sail away" party without "sailing away" while they waited for us :):)

A couple of cruises ago, we were due to leave Palma at 10 pm, but a flight was delayed from Doncaster and didn't land until 4a.m. The ship waited for all the passengers. I am sure this is what will happen in your case.

Ann

Yes, the same happened to us. They had coaches waiting at Tenerife South (Tenerife North closes at night so the plane was diverted) and we boarded at about 4am. Reception staff were waiting on board to register us (all very slick) and they even had a full hot buffet available in the Lido restaurant for us too! (Although all we wanted to do was get to bed!)

As suggested, I'd look into the insurance angle re the changed flight times - also cancellation costs for your accommodation - often it's not too bad at airport hotels and it's not exactly last minute.

Looking on the positive side though - an early exit from Sharm airport has to be welcomed - as it fills up from mid-afternoon it's often impossible to find a seat and you're really not missing much not getting into Sharm itself. (You may have been intending to do a half-day trip here which will be disappointing though.)

Hope it works out reasonably well for you - but don't worry about getting to Sharm late - we didn't sail until about 1am because of delayed flights.

On a P&O flight to Barbados once an American satellite launch meant our plane had to divert and we ended up spending the night on Antigua. The ship had to leave the berth, sail round in circles for the day and come back in to dock when our flight eventually turned up sixteen hours late!

The only time you would have a problem would be if you were travelling independently to join the ship, on a fly-cruise package the cruise line will do the worrying!

Carol x

Archived