Kids Question for the Jewel

Mschif78

Want to sail on the jewel out of NY 10/31/10. At that time I will have a 7 yr old and a 22month old. We've been on 2 cruises with the 7 yr old, so not a problem there but the 22month old....is there any babysitting avail for her? What will she be able to do? What about when we are in port, is there babysitting then? Is this ship kid friendly (even for my 7 yr old)? Just not quite sure if we should go or not...I do miss my cruising though.

Thanks

Kerry

I find it hard to believe there is absolutely nothing out there for under 2. If thats the case...carnival here I come again

There is no supervised activities or babysitting offered for children under the age of 2. There is, however, an "Under 2 Zoo" where a unsupervised, private room with age appropriate toys will be available for you and your toddler. I found it to be a nice getaway where my daughter could play alongside other toddlers and the parents could chat.

I do not believe Carnival has any services for children under 2 either. I am not sure there is any cruise line that does.

Per the Carnival web site ;)

Carnival's policy is to group children together according to their age. … change the groups' age limits and to deny admission to a child for unruly behavior and/or the child … Children under 2 years are not allowed to participate in the regular Camp Carnival Program

.http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/obx/youth_experience/campcarnival.aspx

I find it hard to believe there is absolutely nothing out there for under 2. If thats the case...carnival here I come again

Hi there,

Did you check out Disney. When I was on their boat I saw a room with a bunch of babies. They were so cute. Check them out

Per the Carnival web site ;)

Carnival's policy is to group children together according to their age. … change the groups' age limits and to deny admission to a child for unruly behavior and/or the child … Children under 2 years are not allowed to participate in the regular Camp Carnival Program

.http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/obx/youth_experience/campcarnival.aspx

Excuse me, I did not say camp carnival "program", I asked specifically about babysitting and FYI per carnival website:

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you provide babysitting services?

Besides the complimentary Camp Carnival activities that are available everyday, babysitting is also available every evening from 10:00 pm to 3:00 am. Infants to 8-year-olds have their slumber party in the Playroom with movie-time, snacks and drinks. 9 - 11-year-olds have After Hours with video games, movies, board games, snacks and drinks from 10:00 pm to 12:00 am. They will join regular babysitting from 12:00 am to 3:00 am. The charge for babysitting is $6.00 per hour for the first child and $4.00 for each additional sibling and will be charged to your Sail & Sign card. Please sign up with the Youth Staff in advance. All babysitting takes place in Camp Carnival. There is NO in-stateroom babysiting available.

THIS is what I am talking about. Sitting services after 10pm. I know for a FACT carnival does this. Ive been on 2 fabulous carnival cruises prior and I saw with my own eyes children younger than 2 there, with my son, who was 4 and 5 at those times. Unfortunately, my son is autistic therefore flying is out of the question for him again right now and the vacation time which my husband received is leaving us with no other option than to do a Norwegian out of NY. While I like Norwegian (I have been on Norwegian 3 previous times as well) I am discouraged that it seems they do not have this service as well.

Kerry

It seems like you are getting angry at some helpful people who are giving you the correct information, because you don't like the information. It may be hard to believe, but NCL doesn't have any babysitting services for the under 2 crowd.

Not angry at all. Was a little annoyed that people are acting like I am asking something so absurd...saying that they dont think ANY cruise lines have these services is one reply that I got. Carnival clearly has these services and someone else replied that they dont LOL Like I said, I'll just try and stick with Carnival if I can...

Archived