shorts in dining room

shelli0729

But when you are at church do you make judgment on people who might be wearing jeans instead of slacks? Everyone has their preference...whatever it may be.

Absolutely not - it is not my place to judge because you never know what someone's circumstances are.

None of my posts were intended to be judgmental or insulting, and if they came across that way, please accept my appologies.

And if someone wears shorts in the MDR, on non-elegant evening, then that is their choice. CCL allows it and so be it. Now do I think they should enforce the rules - ie no baseball hats, no shorts on elegant evening? Absolutely - why bother having rules at all if they aren't enforced.

Absolutely not - it is not my place to judge because you never know what someone's circumstances are.

None of my posts were intended to be judgmental or insulting, and if they came across that way, please accept my appologies.

And if someone wears shorts in the MDR, on non-elegant evening, then that is their choice. CCL allows it and so be it. Now do I think they should enforce the rules - ie no baseball hats, no shorts on elegant evening? Absolutely - why bother having rules at all if they aren't enforced.

Ok, I understand where you are coming from.

Why should they enforce that? Just to please you? I don't think so. People have to be allowed to develop themselves and they will realize what is right or what is wrong for them. I would love to hear someone telling a waiter, oh you should throw her out because she is wearing clothes that she should not be. Oh brother, do you know what a lawsuit that they would have? People have the choice to do what they want to in live. Thank goodness, we have options and the FREEDOM to do so. I betcha you are one of those nieghbors who always peeps out the blinds, just like Mrs. Crabbitz on Bewitched. Some people like that have flat spots on their noses. Sorry Carnival cruisers, I do not live my life to please you.

Why should they enforce that? Just to please you? I don't think so. People have to be allowed to develop themselves and they will realize what is right or what is wrong for them. I would love to hear someone telling a waiter, oh you should throw her out because she is wearing clothes that she should not be. Oh brother, do you know what a lawsuit that they would have? People have the choice to do what they want to in live. Thank goodness, we have options and the FREEDOM to do so. I betcha you are one of those nieghbors who always peeps out the blinds, just like Mrs. Crabbitz on Bewitched. Some people like that have flat spots on their noses. Sorry Carnival cruisers, I do not live my life to please you.

So under your theory, if I wanted to waltz into the dining room in my bathing suit, or even better, my birthday suit, I should be seated and served? No way.

If you were on land and wanted to eat at an upscale restaurant, with a dress policy, you would be turned away for not complying. I don't see anything different when cruising.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Because just because something is allowed, does not make it appropriate. JMHO.

Maybe in your house. If you do not allow people to say wear shorts in your house, I wouldn't be allowed to wear shorts in your house. That would be inappropriate.

Shorts are allowed in the dining room. I respect that you think shorts should not be worn, but for others that choose to FOLLOW the dress code, is not inappropriate at all.

So under your theory, if I wanted to waltz into the dining room in my bathing suit, or even better, my birthday suit, I should be seated and served? No way.

If you were on land and wanted to eat at an upscale restaurant, with a dress policy, you would be turned away for not complying. I don't see anything different when cruising.

But Carnival's dining rooms do not have an upscale dress policy on casual nights.

Carnival is not upscale; it is mass market. Who, or what, is allowed in the dining room is up to Carnival, not you. What I wear is not your problem or business.

I have read these post about what to wear in MDR for years!! My turn, on VACATION, I refuse to ask my husband to wear anything that he does not want to. We are very casual and are not big WHOOPTEEDO dresser uppers. We will and do wear whatever we want too. As long as we are clean, and our clothing is not offensive, in good taste, we will be sitting there in our tshirt and shorts in the MDR. Oh on the formal nights, I might wear something nicer. But I just don't get it, do you think that yall are the Millionaire and his wife from Gilligan's Island?

You would not mind people coming with thong swimsuits if they want???

You would not mind swimsuits in church?

What about no cloths? Should that be OK since you believe people can dress how they want any where they want?

I don't think you really believe this...

You would not care what people do. No problem with women nursing a baby at the dining table anywhere? This is OK in church? I am talking about not covered, but out there for everyone to see. You have no problem? Anyplace any time is OK?

You are OK with nude sun bathing at any beach or pool?

Carnival is not upscale; it is mass market. Who, or what, is allowed in the dining room is up to Carnival, not you. What I wear is not your problem or business.

You are absolutely right - it is not my problem, or my business - nor do I care what you wear. My response was directed at the poster who thought implied you should be able to wear whatever you want. Carnival has a dress code - and it should be enforced - just as it would on land. Else, why bother? We can all just meet in the MDR in our suits - birthday or otherwise.

The days are approaching my friends, when all the cruise lines are going to have anytime dining. Carnival is even experimenting with it as we speak. And you know what that means huh? You can wear whatever you want.

This just is not true. Anytime dining does not equal wear whatever you want. Anytime dining means you set your dining time. There is still going to be some form of dress code and it will be just as reasonable as it is now. There are so many vacation choices out there. If you can't conform to any kind of dress code there is always Orient Beach. ;)

Timm

Nobody would be breaking any rules if they wore shorts in the MDR...........

I know they wouldnt, I am not talking about the shorts that are described on carnival's website...I was referring to the gym shorts/t-shirts, "I don't care and I will wear whatever I feel like in the MDR (elegant evening or not), because its "MY vacation" type of mentalities...I just feel that they must have the "guidelines" on their website for a reason and not just to take up webspace.

You are absolutely right - it is not my problem, or my business - nor do I care what you wear. My response was directed at the poster who thought implied you should be able to wear whatever you want. Carnival has a dress code - and it should be enforced - just as it would on land. Else, why bother? We can all just meet in the MDR in our suits - birthday or otherwise.

"Fine" restaurants on land often either look the other way or have available collared shirts, jackets, whatever is necessary to meet some phony dress code.

The world is becoming more casual and diversified.

Once upon a time, nudity was all there was.

No. I don't want to see short clad folks in the MDR at dinner. If you want to wear shorts that's fine, but go to the grille. Let's keep a little of the formality in cruising. We've gotten so lax and that's great and makes for a very relaxing cruise. But again NO, not in MDR at dinner;)

You would not mind people coming with thong swimsuits if they want???

You would not mind swimsuits in church?

What about no cloths? Should that be OK since you believe people can dress how they want any where they want?

That completely depends on how hot they are.....:D

I still am amazed that some of these people will protest until their last breath. Have alot of people been brain- washed? Do they have these little chips in their heads? You are not supposed to JUDGE. PERIOD!! Who cares if some shops at the Salvation Army or Walmart, do you think just because you don't wear your hat in the MDR that you are going to heaven? Do you get zapped just because you ponder the possibility of doing something that is different from what your "little" society does? Carnival is going to take your money whether you want to dress up or wear shorts in the MDR. They don't care so why should you?

Exactly. Just because they now allow dress shorts in to keep Bubba fed, the dress code for my children starts with me.

We never wear shorts in the evening. And this suits US fine.[/quote

I also believe that it comes from where we live. My family lives in south Florida and shorts are the norm at most restaurants ..we just wear our dress shorts :p

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Because just because something is allowed, does not make it appropriate. JMHO.

Well I guess I will have to tell Pastor Jack that he is dressed innappropriately tommorrow:rolleyes: Too friggin funny!

This has nothing to do with what is appropriate at all it has all to do with what you feel is appropriate;) Two different animals........

See you wouldn't even want to attend our church because you would feel out of place because you would think everyone was dressed inappropriately:D

So.......did the OP get thier question answered?

Yes, they did. Pages ago. But the fashion police are still fussin' about the shorts and wanting shorts wearers to go to the buffet. And everyone else is fussin' about the fashion police and telling THEM to go to the buffet if THEY don't like seeing people in shorts....and on it goes.

I don't know why I get sucked into these types of threads, but I always do. ;)

Archived