Is this common

k2

So I emailed my TA to see how much it would cost to upgrade from an interior guarantee to an OV guarantee. The website shows it currently at $360 more than I paid (I was hoping for a deal). Well they told me that Carnival is charging $560 for the upgrade???? What is up with that? We are after final payment, but there are a lot of rooms left. I laughed and said "I'm all set". I was just wondering if this is common for Carnival?

So I emailed my TA to see how much it would cost to upgrade from an interior guarantee to an OV guarantee. The website shows it currently at $360 more than I paid (I was hoping for a deal). Well they told me that Carnival is charging $560 for the upgrade???? What is up with that? We are after final payment, but there are a lot of rooms left. I laughed and said "I'm all set". I was just wondering if this is common for Carnival?

k2,

No, it's not common for Carnival. The variable in your question is 'TA.' ;)

k2,

No, it's not common for Carnival. The variable in your question is 'TA.' ;)

Well I questioned them on it b/c they said these are the rates that Carnival is quoting... We will see what they say. First time I used this company and looking like the last! ;)

On OV really has little value to me, over an inside. I would not pay very much for one. The windows do not open and frequently get so salt-crusted you can't see very well out of them.

At sea, there is usually nothing to see at all. You will sleep better in an inside cabin, as it stays dark until you are ready to get up.

On OV really has little value to me, over an inside. I would not pay very much for one. The windows do not open and frequently get so salt-crusted you can't see very well out of them.

At sea, there is usually nothing to see at all. You will sleep better in an inside cabin, as it stays dark until you are ready to get up.

I agree with you. My only concern is that our cabin is deck 1 aft and people keep saying that the vibration keeps you awake. I have never experienced vibration on a cruise, so I was mildly concerned (I hadn't even heard of it until now). But for that kind of money... it is so not worth it!

See for me, I like the natural light to help wake me up in the morning. Otherwise, I'll be up at 3 am and not have any clue about what time it is, and it's a bit disconcerting to me. I just booked an outside, was considering a balcony, but it was an extra $140 per person, and considering I never spend much time in the room, and I am going with a friend, not a significant other, it seemed like the extra $140 would be better at the bar.

Well I questioned them on it b/c they said these are the rates that Carnival is quoting... We will see what they say. First time I used this company and looking like the last! ;)

It could very well be that your original rate you recd from your TA was a promotional rate your TA offered...which was lower than the website price.

Your TA may not be able to offer a similar discount on your upgrade and you would be paying the full fare.

That would be a TA thing. Carnival prices are Carnival prices.....all the time...for everyone. Sometimes a TA will take a hit on their commission in order to offer their customers a lower price. That has nothing to do with Carnival at all.

See for me, I like the natural light to help wake me up in the morning. Otherwise, I'll be up at 3 am and not have any clue about what time it is, and it's a bit disconcerting to me. I just booked an outside, was considering a balcony, but it was an extra $140 per person, and considering I never spend much time in the room, and I am going with a friend, not a significant other, it seemed like the extra $140 would be better at the bar.

I agree about the natural light. It's nice to be able to tell what time of day it is without getting up and looking at the clock or watch. My friend I usually cruise with always brings her travel alarm clock...but it was on the little ledge that runs along the wall by her bed. So I couldn't see it. One night I woke up and it felt like I had been asleep for a long time...so I was convinced that it had to be like 8 AM. So I got up and brushed my teeth and was starting to put my bathing suit and coverup on when my friend asked where I was going. I told her I was just gonna head up and get some breakfast and grab a deck chair. It was then that she told me it was 4:30 in the morning! I couldn't believe it...so I crawled back into bed bathing suit and all and slept for another three hours. The total dark really throws me off! But still...I wouldn't pay a TON extra just to have the window. I've started sleeping with the tv on to the channel that shows the live feed from the Lido deck...that way I can see if it's sunny out when I wake up. :)

It could very well be that your original rate you recd from your TA was a promotional rate your TA offered...which was lower than the website price.

Your TA may not be able to offer a similar discount on your upgrade and you would be paying the full fare.

That would be a TA thing. Carnival prices are Carnival prices.....all the time...for everyone. Sometimes a TA will take a hit on their commission in order to offer their customers a lower price. That has nothing to do with Carnival at all.

No it wasn't (it was the same). As a matter of fact the price for my room just went back down to what I paid! Good point though.

Archived