Hole in the Wall tour in Oahu

andio2of5

We did this tour on a 2 week trip last year...land trip...It was FABULOUS...saw & did so much more than we could have done on our own. Also my SIL & her DH did it later and also loved it....I only wish we could have also done the nightime tour. Don't know about any scthing report but they must not have been on the same tour. We are Louisiana foodies adn we really enjoyed it. I am still using some of the recipes I got from the tour operators. If you can do it from a cruise ship it will be the highlight of your Honolulu visit.

I went on the Hole in the Wall tour in January and had a fabulous time. Matthew and Keira are wonderful guides. It was like coming to Honolulu and visiting family. The fresh flavored rice noodles and dumplings were great! The market in Chinatown was fun. And the Coco Puffs are to die for. :D

It was a a scathing traveler's review onTrip Advisor that got me wondering.

Andi

I was pretty set on going on this tour until I read some reviews and feedback from the TripAdvisor Forums. They convinced me it wasn't worth it for the price of $100/person since you can pretty much eat your own through Chinatown on your own. It also sounds like the focus in on Chinatown, which isn't as appealing to me since I've gone to Chinatowns all my life! LOL!

Thanks for all your feedback...still undecided about what we will do.

Andi

We have had this tour booked for awhile now and am looking forward to it.

We had ran into 2 couples in 2008 on the cruise that had done it and said how good it was and then after reading the TA reviews we decided to book it.

I am also surprised to find it posted here. For those wanting more info google it as there is a ton of articles on the tour.

Here is the topic that made me not want to go on this tour:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k3297271-Hole_in_the_wall_food_tour_will_leave_a_hole_in_your_pocket-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

What really clinched the deal for me was the mixed reviews AND the price combined. For $100/person, you can have dinner at one of Honolulu's nicest restaurants, including sushi omasake or the only AAA 5-diamond rated restaurant in all of Hawaii. O_O

Hope it is helpful in your decision!

Archived