Picures of Bathroom Explorer of the Seas room 6300

aruvqan

I will look forward to seeing them. We are surprising my sister with a 5 day cruise and have booked this room.

Rob has to shoot the last 8 pictures on the roll :rolleyes: but I will make him shoot them sometime in the next few days when he gets a few minutes=)

You will certainly enjoy the room, we found it quite comfortable. If the seas get a bit bouncy, the bathroom door may rattle slightly, and the skinny closet door on the end by the hallway door also gets a bit of a rattle. We just stuffed a hand towel under each rattly door to wedge them tight so they wouldnt rattle. But then again we hit 122 mph wind thanks to the stupid weather conditions.

The bed is good and hard, if you like softer beds ask the steward for a bed topper. The shower seat is a bit stiff and takes a bit of strength to turn down and it looked like it had been replaced/repaired in drydock [explaining why it was stiff]

Thanks aruvqan. This will probably my sister's first and last cruise due to her chemo not working. Thanks for the tips on the doors. And I hope I don't get any winds even CLOSE to what you experienced. I will ask for a topper for her bed also. I wonder if they also have the 'egg crate' mattresses. The softer the better for her. Opposite of me, I like the idea that bed is hard.

Thanks aruvqan. This will probably my sister's first and last cruise due to her chemo not working. Thanks for the tips on the doors. And I hope I don't get any winds even CLOSE to what you experienced. I will ask for a topper for her bed also. I wonder if they also have the 'egg crate' mattresses. The softer the better for her. Opposite of me, I like the idea that bed is hard.

Very sorry to hear that.

I can really recommend the fresh cut fruit plate. When I was doing chemo I found that candied ginger helped nausea, and I found keeping ice cold fruit around to nibble on helped me get calories down more than cooked foods. Ask the steward to empty out the minibar and keep the cabinet door propped open, it will keep stuff colder. You may want to bring along specialty beverages if she finds that for example she tends to crave ginger ale, or needs something like ensure which is best cold. You can bring back food from the Windjammer [i liked to veg on the balcony and hubby brought me breakfast back] if there is something that she wants but is feeling a bit under the weather. They carry Carr's Table Water Biscuits in the kitchen, but I liked arrowroot digestive biscuits [brit cookies] if you can find them in the import section of a grocery store. They are only slightly sweet and went well with fruit. Feel free to bring a box of her favorite crackers or snacks - sometimes all you want to eat is something neutral and familiar!

Archived