Prince Rupert

tarheelmjfan

What is there to see here? Is there any interesting shore excursions for Dad, Mom, & a 13 yo. boy? This will be one of the ports, if we decide to sail on Celebrity's Mercury. Also, would an 8pm arrival make it too late to actually see any of the city? TIA :)

stopping for one hour to meet their Jones Act requirement of visiting a foreign port - didn't know Celebrity visited Prince Rupert unless you are talking about there new 5 dayer from Seattle that visits other BC coastal communities like Campbell River and Nanaimo and Prince Rupert in September 2005

Cheers

Dennis

tarheelmjfan,

When are you sailing on Mercury? We are sailing on June 3rd. I am really looking forward to getting away. We are staying in Seattle 2 days precruise and 2 days post cruise. I hear it is a really great city to visit. We are staying downtown pre-cruise, and near Seatac the last two days. Nancy

Nancy...what are you doing in Seattle (if I might ask!)? We were on the Mercury departing Vancouver,but had to change the date,so now it departs and returns to Seattle...had tons of things I wanted to see/do in Vancouver,but havent found anything that sounds the least bit interesting in Seattle. I did find a "The Spirit of Washington" lunch/dinner train that sounds like fun.Other than that nothing sounds good to me,although it might be because I was disappointed about the Vancouver trip.I will just have to make a trip to that city another time! We will be there 2 days before our cruise and I really dont want to have to shop to fill my time! Ha! Share if you dont mind.Dot

Archived