Braemar 15th April - Transatlantic

motorcar48

Last Year was our first cruise on Boudicca, which was very enjoyable

I started a thread by asking a few questions, new to cruising, doo's & don'ts

We got chatty with 3 other couples on the thread and met up on the first night for a drink and from then on we met up most nights to see the show or for a drink, it helped to make the cruise even more enjoyable for us.

So here we go again, are you going on this cruise, have you been on Braemar before, tell us about Braemar, which is the best restaurant to use.

Look forward to hearing from you

Motorcar

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=&date=4-15-2010&text=&ship=Braemar

We got chatty with 3 other couples on the thread and met up on the first night for a drink and from then on we met up most nights to see the show or for a drink, it helped to make the cruise even more enjoyable for us.

So here we go again, are you going on this cruise, have you been on Braemar before, tell us about Braemar, which is the best restaurant to use.

Motorcar

Hello Motorcar,

My wife and I have loved Braemar ever since first sailing on her in 1993 when she was named Crown Dynesty and operated by Cunard. The recent lengthening of the ship has in our oppinion been a great success and added to the public spaces on the ship. We prefer the Grampian restaurant as it is smaller and more intimate. The menus and sevice are exactly the same in the thistle and the Grampian so neither can be classed as the best. Either restaurant can be used for breakfast and lunch but the Grampian can get a little crowded. Irene and I tended to make use of all three restaurants (not all on the same day) for breakfast and lunch depending on how the mood took us.

Pugwash

Motorcar

Hey Motorcar,

Not long to go now for either of us! Hope you have a great cruise. Meeting up for drinks and great conversation last year also helped make our cruise more enjoyable. Hope you get lots of replies.

(How'd you get on with the e-reader? Hope the web sites I sent helped.)

cheers

Curlywurly

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Curlywurly

Great to hear from you again, wish you were coming on this trip and not going off on one of the others

Does'nt seem to have been a lot of action yet but with 3 weeks to go hopefully it will liven up, although I am beginning to feel we are the only ones on the trip - service will be good

She has finally got to grips with the E Reader and down loaded enough books for 3 cruises, not sure they were all freebies, she is going to email you

Enjoy your cruise, dont get lost in the crowds, speak to you soon

Cheers

Motorcar

icon7.gif

One of the most important days of the year, OUR TICKETS ARRIVED on Friday, almost 4 weeks before the cruise. The best yet. :D

Friends are going on P&O and have had to print something on the PC called a ticket, its not the same.:(

I still like the idea of a ticket book arriving in the post.:)

Motorcar48:)

Hey Motor Car and hello Curly

We wish we were going with you again, it was great to meet up, for drinks, what ever the excuse, certainly made the cruise more enjoyable, and the company was good as well!

We are both envious, as we don't have anything lined up until later in the year, still not 100% if we will be doing as planned

I trust you have Sheila warmed up through working through the cocktails of the day, now she has had the practice, a few days of those and she won't need the E-Reader

I am sure you will find someone who will reply to you, but still think we got got lucky finding good companions for that crossing last year

Have a good trip and let us know how you get on

Nice to hear from you.

Just remember when we come back you have a cruise to look forward to.

Went to the Cruise Show yesterday at Olympia, bit of a scrum, a lot of people there. Looking for ideas for next year, as you know we like to book a year in advance.

Fortunately we had free tickets and parking otherwise I would not have been a very happy bunny. Unless the purpose of the show is to sell off this years cruises it was almost a waste of time, I think we found 2 cruise lines that have next years full brochures available, the majority said they bring them out over the next couple of months. Crazy industry.

Speak soon, happy cruising

Motorcar

We havent booked anything for Roseau, Dominica, thought we would have a lazy day on the beach

Can anyone point us to a nice sandy beach safe to swim with somewhere to eat & drink. Not to far from the port

Motorcar

Sailed on the Braemar in February. Was assigned to Grampian restaurant- the smaller one and it was smaller and quieter, however I preferred to use self service for breakfast & lunch.I was sitting on a table for 8 and the other 7 passengers were lovely, then in the self service you are asked to fill up a table (lunch is very busy) so you get to chat to lots of other people and everyone was very friendly. It was my first cruise and I've booked another for 2011 so you can tell I was impressed.

Katiehound

Thanks for the response

Last year was our first with Fred on Boudicca, enjoyed it, so here we are thought we would try Braemar

I'll check the book I'm sure I read about the DVD/CD somewhere

From your comments is the restaurant not self service for breakfast it was on Boudicca

9 days to go, start packing this week

Motorcar:D

I'm not too sure about the self service breakfast question.

You have a choice of 3 restaurants.

I seem to remember the larger restaurant (it's on deck 4) is both s/s & waiter ie you can help yourself to cereals, hot dishes etc and then choose to have say an omelette cooked to order, a bit of both worlds!! But I only went here on the first morning and was not 'with it' after about 5 hours sleep and the long long flight!

After that I chose to go to Palms Cafe everyday- on deck 6 which is all s/s- I liked it and it was only one deck down from my cabin!

Perhaps e-mail or phone Fred directly about DVD/Cd player? I recall that something other than real books are available to borrow from the library- could be DVDs or audio books but as I never did that I don't remember!!

Have a lovely trip. I thought all the crew were lovely and did everything to help. I can see why folk become cruise addicts!

Katiehound

Archived