Carnival Dream Aft Balcony

Tigger and Bart

Hi,we are going in Aug. and have cabin 7456,I read that cabin is smaller with no couch,only a table and chair, even though all cabins are supposed to be the same size.The balcony though is supposed to be huge.The two cabins on each end of the row are like this.Don't know if I should move to the middle of the row or stay on the end.

See if this helps out any.

Twin beds that convert to king, wrap around balcony, private bath with shower, mini bar, safe, phone, television, sitting area with chair and coffee table, sofa, hair dryer, bathrobes.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185 Balcony: 75

On Decks: Verandah</I> Empress</I> Upper</I>

spacer.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Twin beds that convert to king, balcony, private bath with shower, closet, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area with chair and coffee table, sofa, hair dryer, bathrobes.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185 Balcony: 35

Some balconies extended to 60 square feet or more.

On Decks: Spa</I> Panorama</I> Lido</I> Vista</I> Verandah</I> Empress</I> Upper</I>

car-dest-vict-triu-balconycabin-scale.gif

We were in the corner aft wrap on the Carnival Dream a couple of weeks ago. Our friends were next door in 7456. There is no couch and the room is the same as the other balcony rooms. The balcony is much larger, about 50%, than the other aft balcony rooms. If you don't get a corner wrap then get the one next to it. It was great.

We just got off the Dream Saturday (2/27) and had a deck 9 aft balcony (Cat. 8N). The room is not smaller, if anything it may be larger. We had a couch, and the balcony is substantially larger compared to the port balcony room we had in Decemeber 2009. Do not hesitate to book it.:cool:

I was just in Dream cabin 8472 last week, and the cabin was bigger than any other aft cabin I've ever had. The aft balconies are twice as deep as regular balconies, but this cabin itself was larger than the afts I've had on other ships. I loved it.

Madelene

We just got off the Dream Saturday (2/27) and had a deck 9 aft balcony (Cat. 8N). The room is not smaller, if anything it may be larger. We had a couch, and the balcony is substantially larger compared to the port balcony room we had in Decemeber 2009. Do not hesitate to book it.:cool:

Thank you posting this information. We have 3 couples booked side by side for Oct. 30 in these cabins, 9478, 9479 & 9481. It's my understanding that these balconies have a large overhang covering the balcony. Does this overhang completely cover the balcony or partially?

I thought the overhang would be nice if it rained so we could still enjoy the balcony. I have noticed the lower aft's seem to have no protection.

Thank you for your response.

My family just had rooms 9474 and 9476 and enjoyed the balconies very much. First off the balconies right next to the wraps, numbers 9474 and 9477 have about a 50% larger balcony than the others. You cannot see this from the deckplan but I heard it before we boarded and they were right :) So my father was pleasantly surprised. There is a large overhand on the balcony which we did enjoy. Later in the day you would have a bit of sun near the edge of the balcony, but if you are looking to be right out in the sun or sunbathe this balcony is not for you. We didn't have any trouble with soot or anything landing on our balcony. You will at times hear noise, especially during the night, from the pool deck above you. I was so tired that it didn't really affect me. We enjoyed the location with just one deck up to the pool and buffet and would book these cabins again. I haven't had a chance to do a review and am not good at posting pics so if you would like a pic of the balcony sent to you by email just let me know.

Karen

dbeshara@roadrunner.com

OK here goes ....I'll try to post a couple of pics for you!

Here is my father on his balcony...9474. I took this where are balconies connected.

232323232%7Ffp%3A93%3Enu%3D3377%3E25%3A%3E355%3EWSNRCG%3D335663%3C44%3B339nu0mrj

This was taken from the corner of his balcony looking over at mine which was 9476.

232323232%7Ffp9%3B2%3Enu%3D3377%3E25%3A%3E355%3EWSNRCG%3D335663%3C454339nu0mrj

One more from the corner.

232323232%7Ffp998%3Enu%3D3377%3E25%3A%3E355%3EWSNRCG%3D335663%3C45%3A339nu0mrj

Here is a pic of the aft. If you look at deck 9 right under the lido, you will see the large overhang. Room 9474 is the first room next to the wrap on the left hand side and 9476 is the next one. You can see how much larger the one balcony is.

232323232%7Ffp995%3Enu%3D3377%3E25%3A%3E355%3EWSNRCG%3D335663%3C456339nu0mrj

My favorite shot from the balcony.

232323232%7Ffp9%3A5%3Enu%3D3377%3E25%3A%3E355%3EWSNRCG%3D335663%3C463339nu0mrj

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Looks like room 7456 has no couch but a much larger balcony:)
My mother-in-law had cabin 7461 - the same cabin but starboard side. Yes, those cabind are indeed smaller than the other aft cabin 8G's but it does have a larger balcony than the other 8G's. I have pictures of the cabin & balcony on my home PC; when I get there tonight I can post them if you'd like?

My family just had rooms 9474 and 9476 and enjoyed the balconies very much. First off the balconies right next to the wraps, numbers 9474 and 9477 have about a 50% larger balcony than the others. You cannot see this from the deckplan but I heard it before we boarded and they were right :) So my father was pleasantly surprised. There is a large overhand on the balcony which we did enjoy. Later in the day you would have a bit of sun near the edge of the balcony, but if you are looking to be right out in the sun or sunbathe this balcony is not for you. We didn't have any trouble with soot or anything landing on our balcony. You will at times hear noise, especially during the night, from the pool deck above you. I was so tired that it didn't really affect me. We enjoyed the location with just one deck up to the pool and buffet and would book these cabins again. I haven't had a chance to do a review and am not good at posting pics so if you would like a pic of the balcony sent to you by email just let me know.

Karen

dbeshara@roadrunner.com

Karen,

Thank you so much for the information and pictures. You answered all my questions and then some. Great sun set.... that is what I am most looking forward in the evening, plus the sail away from the ports.

I also like the idea of the large overhang on the balconies, generally by the time of day I use my balcony the most, I am ready to get out of the sun, these cabins will be perfect.

Thanks again you made my whole day!:)

SFCruisers..glad I could help. The room itself seemed like a regular sized room...maybe just a touch wider...For us the overhang was perfect. My mom can only stand so much sun and I agree...when I come in I have had enough! 9474 really was a great balcony!! :) Enjoy

SFCruisers..glad I could help. The room itself seemed like a regular sized room...maybe just a touch wider...For us the overhang was perfect. My mom can only stand so much sun and I agree...when I come in I have had enough! 9474 really was a great balcony!! :) Enjoy

I was on the Destiny a couple of weekends ago, looking at the back of the Liberty and I noticed that the balconies next to the wraps looked wider than the middle cabins.

When I got home, I checked to see if they were available on the Dream, (I figured the same situation would appy) they were already gone. I think I will be more than happy with what I have.

I have to admit, I put your sunset picture on my computer screen. I am majorly into photography and have always loved sunsets.

Thanks again!

Has anyone stayed in an aft. balcony cabin on carnival dream. Are they much smaller?

I guess they are all the same square footage just a different configuration so a couch can't fit? Hoping somebody will post some photos of cabin 7456 on the Dream.

Excellent, that would be great. Thanks so much.
Hey Tigger and Bart, here are the pics I promised of cabin 7461, It's the same as 7456 only starboard side so it is the mirror layout of 7456.

Also, the last pic is of cabin 7462 which I was in, it should help give you some idea of the difference between the two 8G's. There's a pretty big size difference in the rooms however the balcony on 7461 is a little larger, maybe by 2 feet in width.

7461:

7461-A.jpg

7461-B.jpg

7461-C.jpg

7461-D.jpg

7461-E.jpg

7462:

7462-A.jpg

Archived