Cancun City & Shopping Tour from Calica / Anyone done this?

ashnac

I was wondering if anyone has done the Cancun city and shopping tour through Carnival at the Calica port. If so was it worth it? ONce you got to Cancun what do you do? Do you stay in the bus and they take you around or do you get a taxi? Or are you just right there in the middle of all this stuff.

This is the description from Carnival. I am posting this thread on Calica and Cancun so that hopefully I can get plenty of good responses since Calica boards usually arent too busy.

Take the 45-minute air-conditioned bus ride along the eastern shore of the Yucatan Peninsula to Cancun. Over 2 million people a year come to enjoy the sun, surf and culture.

On this excursion you will:

• Arrive in Cancun and explore the open-air market atmosphere of “Mercado 23" and "Mercado 28".
  • Find artisans, butchers, bakers and jewelers.
  • Stop and shop at Pancho Villa flea market.
  • See Cancun’s true natural wonder, the beach.
  • Discover the wonderful restaurants, resort hotels, shops and other sites that make Cancun so popular.
  • See plenty of sites on your trip back to Playa Del Carmen, Calica and your ship.

Any good infor will be greatly appriceated. Photos, good or bad reviews, anything. Thanks in advance for all the help

Archived