laundry on the spirit

lovemylife

hi, we'll be in Florida for 11 days, 5 of which will be on the spirit. I know they don't have self service laundry, but could anyone give me a ballpark cost for sending out laundry? We're trying to schlepp as few clothes as possible from one place to the next...Also traveling with a 6 year old boy who rarely makes it to the end of a day without some kind of spot on his clothing...thanks, mary

heeellloooo, anyone know anthing about laundry charges on the Spirit? Or any other NCL ships that we might get an idea? I just need to know if they charge by the item ($5 for a shirt like at a hotel) or do they have some sort of bag system? I know they sometimes run specials but I wouldn't want to count on that!

Thanks for any help you can offer,mary

lovemylife - On the 9 day cruise the Spirit runs a laundry special towards the end of the cruise (Thursday). One full laundry bag for $25.00. Stuff the laundry bag with as much as you can fit and it will all be washed and pressed for you. I found this info in the 9 day cruise Freestyle Daily. This is not a dry cleaning service, just washing and pressing. Hope this helps. I assume they will run the same special on the 5 day cruise.

Thanks, I searched in some of the old threads and saw a reference to $1.50 for a pair of underwear. Yikes!!!! I thnk we'll plan enough clothes for the cruise, and then do laundry when we get back to Miami. Little kid clothes don't take up that much space anyway!

Archived