btb discounts and 14 nights - Mr Pimentel

Jade13

I know Mr. Pimentel has finished answering all the questions he was asked this week and I wanted to thank him for taking the time, even answering many on a Saturday.

We will be looking for a 14 night cruise for either 2011 or 2012 and booked a future cruise while on board, "Azamara Passages". For a 14 night cruise we are to receive a $300.00 OBC. It looks like this may end up being two 7 night cruises combined. The 7 night OBC is $100.00. I hope Mr. Pimentel looks into this (as I know he is still reading the boards) to ensure someone who books two 7 night btb's doesn't end up with only the $100.00 OBC (because they booked a single cruise "Passage") vs the $300.00. The way around this of course is to do what HAL does and have the combined cruises as a "Collectors Voyage", basically set up as one cruise.

From Mr. Pimentel's answer to a question regarding discounts on btb cruises,

"....we have created a series of 7-night sailings to appeal to guests interested in that length of vacation, but shaped the series to also allow others to book B2B itineraries to create 14- or even 21-night voyages with few to – in some cases – no repeat destinations. Our new, simplified B2B discount offering will be $400 per stateroom, per voyage, for 9-night or longer voyages, and $300 per stateroom, per voyage, for sailings of less than 9 nights in length."

If I read Mr Pimentel's comments correctly there would be $300.00 per segment off of the 7 night itinerary or $600.00 total for the 14 nights. I hope that someone who took a risk by booking a non-refundable deposit while on board still gets the same amount of OBC offered for the combined total cruise length since Azamara is making the change to make more 7 night segments that need to be combined.

Thank you.

Archived