live from celebration red sea,,,,

Hi all , well arrived thursday and at night at the deck party it was pouring with rain had to move inside , friday weather very mixed sun, rain and windy,,, saturday was petra day and off we set only to go 15 mins on the bus before road was closed due to fog and snow in the hills so no petra , today was beautiful hot and sunny ,just hope all goes well for the pyramids tomorrow ,,or mrs.c will be overboard as she talked me into coming after the disaster xmas cruise ,and have just found out that the dream has a hole in her ,,,think we will have to give up cruising ,,,,lol

This bad weather is all your fault is it? :D

On the Island escape Mrs. c was blaming me for being onboard the week before your Xmas cruise.

I don't know if you've seen any weather reports, but it's been bad everywhere. All the sort of places you'd normally go for winter sun.

there's one heck of a hole in the Thomson Dream (Costa Europa).

I hope they get it fixed before we're aboard in April.

DW is already worrying about the repair leaking while we're aboard.

Berwyn

Just wondering - would you be entitled to a refund on trip to Petra if weather prevented you getting there???

Hi there... we were booked on the Petra trip last Saturday, and as it had to be cancelled because of the weather the cost was taken off our on- board account so no need to worry.

Hi there... we were booked on the Petra trip last Saturday, and as it had to be cancelled because of the weather the cost was taken off our on- board account so no need to worry.

Hope you enjoyed your trip and that YOU DID see the Pyramids. Lets keep our fingers crossed that our weather is better. Joining the Celebration next Thursday so am up to my eye in clothes - trying to decide what to bring - as it is our first cruise. Safe journey home.

Yes we saw the Pyramids and took the chance to go inside one too. You walk down the passage then up another one, turn around and retrace your steps til you're back at the entrance (can only be done bending down as it's about 4-5ft high all the way) and you hold onto handrails each side, it isn't very steep and takes around 15 minutes. I did it almost running which is'nt bad as i've just turned 60 last week. Have a lovely holiday :)

Hi well we are back :eek: and went to the pyramids and the museum and it was great :D hubby loved it really as the weather was perfect well nearly ;) will have to write a report soon , by the way barnowl did you get your birthday card ,,hope I put it in the right cabin

mrs.c :)

Hi mrs.c yes I did thank you very much.... was disappointed I never saw you I wanted to get you both a drink, thank you properly and have a natter and it's nice to put a face to a name, I did wear a badge for the first 2 days. Whenever I heard a Scottish accent I thought "could that be mrs.c" Anyway must go for now as I have to leave for work in half an hour will get back to you later :)

Hello Mrs.c.

You've been quiet since your return. I thought he'd done as promised and dumped you overboard after missing Petra.. :)

DW said she'd have been gutted if we'd gone and missed Petra, for her that's the only reason for doing the itinerary.

I'll look forward to hearing your report.

We are still waiting to see if the Dream will move from Sharm on time for the April cruises.

Berwyn

That's a good joke there Berwyn, I mean the bit about overboard :D Good luck with the Dream.

Carole.

Thanks Carole,

We'll see if the ship tracking sites catch her as she comes out into the Med. after the weekend..

Berwyn

Hello Mrs.c.

You've been quiet since your return. I thought he'd done as promised and dumped you overboard after missing Petra.. :)

Berwyn

Hi berwyn , yes was upset about that all that way too and he had wanted to go to the caribbean :o we left the next day for Ireland and now I am going to my friends on saturday in N/I as her mother sadly passed away ,so all in all I have been to Egypt, Ireland and now N/Ireland in the space of 3 weeks :eek: lets hope it is good news about the Dream or he is threatning to stop cruising

mrs.c :)

Hi mrs.c yes I did thank you very much.... was disappointed I never saw you I wanted to get you both a drink, thank you properly and have a natter and it's nice to put a face to a name, I did wear a badge for the first 2 days. Whenever I heard a Scottish accent I thought "could that be mrs.c" Anyway must go for now as I have to leave for work in half an hour will get back to you later :)

Hi carole , just glad that you got it did look out for the badge but no luck never mind maybe our paths will cross on some other cruise , glad that you enjoyed it good birthday memories for you

mrs,c

Archived