Curfew

Mad4WDW

Hi,

The cruise we're booked on means we fly into Barbados on Friday but the ship actually sails on Saturday evening after the 2nd lot of passengers arrive.

So my question is what would be the latest time I could get back onto the ship Friday evening and would I be able to get off pre dawn on Saturday morning? I'm a keen photographer so wanted some sunrise/sunset pictures.

Looks like that day is the only one where it might be possible

Greg

Normally you have to be onboard about half and hour before sailing.

On the Barbados turn around you would stay out all night, they do have a watch 24 hours a day when in Barbados.

Take some great shots and let us see them on some web site when you return.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sunsets may be a problem as the sun sets by say 6pm so on 'day 2' you should be on the ship by then & 'day 1' you may be OK if the plane arrives on time & you get boarded quickly. Sunsets are best on the West coast but you can see them ok on the South where the ship docks. Sunrise will have to be the East coast.

We went out to St. Lawrence gap for the evening of our overnight stay for dinner and returned to the ship around 11p.m. just as the younger crowd were heading out to the nightclubs. The security lady said we could stay out all night as far as she was concerned, and I think some of them did, more or less! It's a welcome opportunity to sample the local nightlife, in my opinion.

Carol x

We went out to St. Lawrence gap for the evening of our overnight stay for dinner and returned to the ship around 11p.m. just as the younger crowd were heading out to the nightclubs. The security lady said we could stay out all night as far as she was concerned, and I think some of them did, more or less! It's a welcome opportunity to sample the local nightlife, in my opinion.

Carol x

All I can do is collapse into bed after the early start & the flight + time difference!!

We had the benefit of having our overnight stop at the end of our cruise! It was New Year's Day and a great finish to a great holiday. We wanted to go out as we thought that after the New Year's Eve deck party, the last evening might fall a bit flat.

Carol x

We had the benefit of having our overnight stop at the end of our cruise! It was New Year's Day and a great finish to a great holiday. We wanted to go out as we thought that after the New Year's Eve deck party, the last evening might fall a bit flat.

Carol x

We have planned our cruise so we have virtually 2 days in BDS at the end.

Yes, we'd booked it that way on purpose as well. Didn't fancy having to be up and out of the cabin by 10a.m. on New Year's Day ready to fly home! We were dancing on deck til 2.30a.m. then went to the buffet for some food so got to bed quite late. Paul and Dave did actually get up early as they were playing golf at 10a.m. and as they went down in the lift there were people coming up still in their formal attire from the night before!

Carol x

We shall have a hire car waiting 1st day, show the friends we are travelling with round the island, probably dinner at the Cliff that night, more wandering next day & hope to just rock up to the airport in time to catch the flight, you get checked in from the ship as I recall & the luggage has gone.

Hi Again,

Thanks for the replies, its appreciated. Just need to convince my wife now that a full size tripod wont be a problem in one of the cases LOL and figure out where to go for sunrise.

Greg

Archived