Balcony doors on Solstice

tkabrk

We will be traveling on the Solstice in a little over a month from now. I have a question about the balcony doors. I have read in other postings about people using bungee cords to keep the door open. I think I read that the doors in the verandah rooms were sliding glass doors?

Thanks,

--Di

Hello, The door handle on the verandah door acts as a brake. You turn the handle down to allow he door to open, if you reverse the handle back upwards by 180 degrees, it will lock in which ever place you stop it. There is a small knob at higher level that will let you lock the door closed. Why do I know so much about the door?

Am I a door bore? No!

Am I a locksmith? No!

In actual fact my wife sleepwalks and I didn't want to face a missing persons investigation (no one would believe me, especially after increasing the insurance policy).

Just got off the Solstice yesterday and I can confirm Mugwood's report.

You're right, Mugwood, you would be in great trouble if she went sleepwalking and disappeared and you with an increased benefit on her ins. policy!

I know because my cruising cabin buddies did not always get the door closed all the way before locking it in place and it would whistle. It would have to be unlocked, closed completely and locked again in order to stop the whistle. It will lock in place wherever you decide to lock it. That is nice if you want it partly opened because it will not slide back and forth when the ship rocks - which does happen.

Doris

Archived