Large Group Freeport/Bahamas

mistory

I took the same cruise on the Fantasy back in Dec of 09 with a large group as well. It was cold and raining when we got to Freeport so we got back on the boat. In the Bahamas by the time we found the public beach it was cold and about to turn dark.

We have another large group (20 people and counting) going in July this year. There are going to be alot of kids as well. I would like to do what is the cheapest way to enjoy a beach at both ports. I never saw one in Freeport and the Bahamas beach was a few blocks from the ship. It was not much of a beach. Just a strip of sand/water we found. I would like a beach with chairs, food, etc etc. Not looking for snorkeling or anything like that. Just wanna hang out on the beach and soak up some sunrays. I'm trying to keep it low in cost so that everyone can enjoy. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

In Freeport: May be best for you all to load up in a taxi and go to Our Lucaya ($5 a person) They let you off in front of Radisson resort...Across the street from a market. You walk down beside the resort straight to the beach and have your day. They have boat rides, a big trampoline($10?), banana boats etc. and plenty of nice beach and calm ocean to hang out in.

In Nassau: We took a taxi across the bridge to Cabbage beach close to Atlantis. We walked down a pathway to the beach to lay out. They have chairs for rent, jet skis, banana boats, etc. as well.

Archived