Fantasy Review- 2/22/10- 2/26/10 with pics

DemonPeeves

Such a great review! We are sailing on the Fantasy in one week and I can't wait.

But, I am confused about the order of the ports. Our itinerary has Cozumel first, with Calica on the next day. Did your port stops get swapped? We have self planned excursions in each port, and now I'm worried!

Such a great review! We are sailing on the Fantasy in one week and I can't wait.

But, I am confused about the order of the ports. Our itinerary has Cozumel first, with Calica on the next day. Did your port stops get swapped? We have self planned excursions in each port, and now I'm worried!

On occassion they do reverse the ports because of availability in Cozumel and Calica. But, it should have been like that when the cruise was booked. I have never heard of them chaning at cruise time.

Unless there is a weather sitution, they have to stay with the planned course.

On occassion they do reverse the ports because of availability in Cozumel and Calica. But, it should have been like that when the cruise was booked. I have never heard of them chaning at cruise time.

Unless there is a weather sitution, they have to stay with the planned course.

Thank you for the response. The possibility of the port schedule being revised has been looming in my mind!

Thanks for the great feedback!

We did switch the locations about 2 months prior to sailing. Apparently there were going to be about 8 ships in Cozumel on the day we were orignially set to be there. They switched days and we ended up in Cozumel as 1 of 3 ships in port. It was nice that it wasnt so crowded.

That funnel sure is looking faded. Didn't she just go through drydock maybe a year ago?

That's ridiculous!

I noticed the faded funnel while we were docked in Cozumel next to the Inspiration on Feb. 20th. The Inspiration's funnel was brightly painted and I wondered why the funnel on the Fantasy would look faded so soon after being renovated. Odd.

Thanks for the great feedback!

We did switch the locations about 2 months prior to sailing. Apparently there were going to be about 8 ships in Cozumel on the day we were orignially set to be there. They switched days and we ended up in Cozumel as 1 of 3 ships in port. It was nice that it wasnt so crowded.

Thanks for letting me know. We are new to cruising and just not sure how often schedules get revised. I guess with one week to go everything should be set!

The ship looks wonderful, and your review sounds like you had a great time. Now, I just have to pack!

Great to see the pictures of the Fantasy. We sailed her in 2004 and will be sailing her again in June from our very own homeport.

Was there a band in the Cigar Bar?

There was not a band in the cigar bar. It seemed the cigar bar was more like the sports bar on the ship because there were several televisions in there that were playing a lot of sports. Mostly they played the Olympics while we were there.

And I have to say this was the first time I was ever on a boat where the pool wasnt filled up yet. I remember hopping on the Miracle and my neice was in the pool right away. I later saw that at night they emptied the pools and hot tubs and there was a guy in there with goggles and boots cleaning them out so perhaps they didnt fill it up since the weather in Mobile wasnt that great. I'm not sure but just a head's up in case the kids plan on jumping in when they get on the ship.

Thanks for the great review! Leaving on the Fantasy in May and SO excited. About the pool thing, the Holiday also had emptied pools when you got on. My thoughts are that they want a fresh pool for new guests. From what I have gathered, they use sea water that they then filter, etc. But, the Mobile Bay is disgusting and you would not want to swim in whatever they sucked up there. I can't say that is it for sure... but maybe the pools are full when the ship is ported in a coastal town and not one on a bay or a river. I would be interested to know if Triumph has empty pools or not.

Melissa,

Thanks for the review. We can't wait to sail on the Fantasy againg.

We sailed her on our honeymoon back in 98 and loved it!

Can you post the capers or what ever they are calling them now?

Thanks!

Thanks for the wonderful review on the Fantasy DemonPeeves!!!

I sailed her last year out of New Orleans and she was a great ship!

Two of my tablemates from my New Orleans sailing was on the ship again about three weeks prior to you. They had another great time. The only thing that they would change was Calia for another port.

One of my co-workers wife family is from the Mobile area and they are thinking about cruising on the Fantasy. I will show him your photos to see what fun they can have.

Thanks for the review!!

Loved the review. Can you comment on the food, everywhere else, I know you said the MDR food was good what about lunch and breakfast, my husband loves to eat and is always asking about the review of the food!!!!

Thanks so much for posting this. I am sailing on the Fantasy in May and with this being my first cruise i am trying to find all the pics and info i can find. This review was so helpful...but now i only want to go sooner!!

Archived