Majesty 3-15 Bring Soda Onboard?

Hi! I have read several of the boards on smuggling alcohol;) and other things. After reading the policies of RCCL, I'm a little confused as to whether or not you may bring on SODA?! It explicitly states NO BEVERAGES on their website, which includes (on the list) non-alcoholic beverages.

However, several have very recently stated that in fact YOU MAY bring on sodas?! So confused! :rolleyes: We are sailing in TWO WEEKS:D on Majesty of the Seas out of Miami.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!:)

Hi! I have read several of the boards on smuggling alcohol;) and other things. After reading the policies of RCCL, I'm a little confused as to whether or not you may bring on SODA?! It explicitly states NO BEVERAGES on their website, which includes (on the list) non-alcoholic beverages.

However, several have very recently stated that in fact YOU MAY bring on sodas?! So confused! :rolleyes: We are sailing in TWO WEEKS:D on Majesty of the Seas out of Miami.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!:)

Yes, you may.

. After reading the policies of RCCL, I'm a little confused as to whether or not you may bring on SODA?! It explicitly states NO BEVERAGES on their website, which includes (on the list) non-alcoholic beverages.

However, several have very recently stated that in fact YOU MAY bring on sodas?!

A more correct phrase would be, "smuggle" soda onboard...:p

And NO with capital letters is the answer. Its not allowed and deeply immoral since it cuts into RCI:s profit and therefore in the end leads to revoked perks for Diamondand D+.

After all, don't you understand that its more important that they are allowed to drink for free in the concierge lounge than for you to save a few bucks on soda, don't you think? ;)

Since we all don't want RCI:s profit to be cut into with price increases as a consequense, you should be happy with buying the soda onboard instead of even asking if its ok to break the rules so flagrantly and smuggle soda! ;)

Read your cruise contract papers (edocs) that you receive about the cruise. We are sailing Majesty on 3/29 and our cruise docs say no ALCOHOL, does not say anything (that I can find) about not allowing non-alcoholic bevs to be brought on board. I'd go by the cruise contract more than a website (since we agree to abide by the contract, not the website)

RCI's policy does in fact state that you can not bring soda on board. However, I have never heard of anyone having either their soda or water taken from them. This apparently is a policy that RCI does not enforce.

Two years ago, on Voyager of the Seas, put a luggage tag on a 24 pack of coke for my wife and they loaded aboard and delivered it to the room...not sure if they will still do that or not...Jimpop

Thank you so much for the responses! We were hoping to bring on a 12 pack of diet coke for in cabin drinking. I like to have a diet coke in the early morning:D. We might try to pick one up and put one of our luggage tags on it just to see if it gets there!:cool:

A more correct phrase would be, "smuggle" soda onboard...:p

And NO with capital letters is the answer. Its not allowed and deeply immoral since it cuts into RCI:s profit and therefore in the end leads to revoked perks for Diamondand D+.

After all, don't you understand that its more important that they are allowed to drink for free in the concierge lounge than for you to save a few bucks on soda, don't you think? ;)

Since we all don't want RCI:s profit to be cut into with price increases as a consequense, you should be happy with buying the soda onboard instead of even asking if its ok to break the rules so flagrantly and smuggle soda! ;)

This is from e-docs. No mention of soft drinks:

Alcoholic Beverage Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages

onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic

beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from

onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to

guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security

may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles,

mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers

holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean’s Guest Conduct Policy

may be reinforced up to and including disembarkation,

if the guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the

age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

Guests who violate any alcohol polices (overconsuming, providing alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrating irresponsible behavior, or attempting to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage checkpoints or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with Guest Conduct

Policies.

I brought a 20 pack of cans aboard on Jan 25th cruise on Majesty of the Seas. Royal Caribbean DID open the 20 pack... I assume looking for beer I might have attempted to smuggle aboard inside the 20 pack.

Sorry to disappoint them... I smuggled 2 boxed wines aboard instead!

BTW: Bring an empty duffle with you, buy the soda in Miami (Publix?).

Putting the soda in the duffle (with luggage tag) without any clothes or other items makes the process a lot faster! It does go thru x-ray.

Last thing I wanted was a 'leaky' can trashing my clothes on the first day of the cruise so i made sure it was separate !

Unless you are real soda addict you might want to cut back to a 12 pack.

They also have some good plastic bottles in cardboard bulk packs as well.

A resealable bottle beats open can any day!

BTW Only place I ever drank the soda was in the cabin...

Surprisingly I actually liked the ice tea!

How did you do the boxed wine? I'm not above drinking boxed wine or attempting smuggling but they don't seem secure enough not to leak if squashed. And I've never been tempted to buy or stain a rum runner for already opened wine.

Back to the orginial thread, we buy soda cards but we've brought bottled water onto Majesty, just handy to have some in the backpack with a screw on lid, esp on island with kids. I'm guessing they'll allow reasonable amounts of soda on just like bottled water, they can profit off of both b/c they sell both but they are probably willing to be reasonable here.

Disney theme park signs says you can't bring in food either but you'll never see them toss a kid's pb&j and juice box in the garbage to abide by the rule in print. Companies can be reasonable. I happen to think DCL is very generous to allow as much alcohol as you can carry on, RCCL too strict to say none, Princess just right to allow a bottle or two. One bottle per adult for cruises 6 days or less, 2 for cruises 7 days or more seems reasonable. But it's also reasonable for them to make the rules they want for their ships and for me to decide how impt that is or isn't.

Not wanting to sound cheap (okay we are....;) but ice water, ice tea, juices, coffee etc. is FREE at the Windjammer Cafe, all day long and well into the evening.

The money we would otherwise spent on soda packages, goes towards our daily Martini in the Schooner Bar.. :D:D

2009 Grandeur of the Seas RCL

2007 Empress of the Seas RCL

2006 Carnival Legend

2005 Legend of the Seas RCL

2004 Caroussel ( Med Cruise ) Sun-Tours

2002 Carnival Sensation

2001 SS NORWAY NCL ( memories...)

1996 Song of America RCL

1977 Queen Elizabeth II CUNARD

1964 Rijndam & Maasdam HAL

Just got off the Grandeur yesterday. We took a 12 pack of diet pepsi and a 12 pack of diet dr pepper. They have no problem with soda. Secuity did ask to look in my bag. Once he checked for beer or liquor, they let us take the bag to our room. We also had orange juice as well.

Did the same thing on Majesty last Sept.

How did you do the boxed wine? I'm not above drinking boxed wine or attempting smuggling but they don't seem secure enough not to leak if squashed. And I've never been tempted to buy or stain a rum runner for already opened wine.

Back to the orginial thread, we buy soda cards but we've brought bottled water onto Majesty, just handy to have some in the backpack with a screw on lid, esp on island with kids. I'm guessing they'll allow reasonable amounts of soda on just like bottled water, they can profit off of both b/c they sell both but they are probably willing to be reasonable here.

Disney theme park signs says you can't bring in food either but you'll never see them toss a kid's pb&j and juice box in the garbage to abide by the rule in print. Companies can be reasonable. I happen to think DCL is very generous to allow as much alcohol as you can carry on, RCCL too strict to say none, Princess just right to allow a bottle or two. One bottle per adult for cruises 6 days or less, 2 for cruises 7 days or more seems reasonable. But it's also reasonable for them to make the rules they want for their ships and for me to decide how impt that is or isn't.

No but Aquatica will :eek:, just as an FYI. Anyway, thanks guys for the info on how to bring it on because I love pepsi products and wanted to bring some with me on this trip!

Archived