Info on West Palm Beach Airport Please

Bridges300

Has anyone flown out of the West Palm Beach Airport? I see a much cheaper flight returning from trip docking in Ft Lauderdale. How would I get to the airport from the pier? How long might it take? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It will take well more than an hour for the trip. I have read that there are shuttle services that do the trip but I am not sure of names or cost. West Palm Beach airport is very nice and efficient. My dad lives there and I have flown in and out many times.

This is just what we are doing. I had tickets with southwest and we all know what haoppened there. I got tickets now flying in and out of West Palm Beach. Good price. We are flying in the day before and staying a day after cruise so we are renting a car both times.

I got info that it's a 45-60 minutes easy drive.

I think the directions from map quest say the same.

My wife and I took the entire family on a cruise and we flew from Louisville to West Palm Beach. We flew to this airport because of the cost. Flying down the day before the cruise allowed us to rent a full-size van, then driving down Highway A1A for a full day of sightseeing. Upon arriving at our hotel in Miami, my son and I turned the van in at the rental agency at MIA. We then called the hotel and asked them to pick us up at the airport! Cool, huh?

On Sunday morning, the hotel shuttle took us to the ship...free of charge! (Days Inn - Medical Center)

After the cruise, we took the bus from the ship to the airport, picked up our rented van and drove back to West Palm Beach airport. It's about 80 miles from MIA.

In both cases, we rented the van one-way, which came to about $45 each way. Cheaper than a taxi or limo!

:cool: Bill

Bill,

What did you stop and see on the drive down? Any suggestions? We are doing about the same thing just driving as far as Ft. Lauderdale.

How long did the drive take uou on 1A instead of 95?

Thanks

small and efficient! MIL lives in Hobe Sound, so we are very farmiliar with it. We actually took a shuttle to the tri-rail (commuter rail) and took the commuter train to Miami and caught a cab to the port (something like 4.00 each for the commuter train and 17.00 for the cab) It was really easy since we didn't have a whole bunch of luggage (it was only a 4 day cruise), it was pretty easy. It would probably be a bit more trouble if you had a bunch of bags, but we found it to be very easy, economical and we noticed that ALOT of people with cruise tags on their luggage got ON the train in FLL, so I'm guessing it's easy to get to the port from the FLL station, too.

It took about 1-1/2 hours to get to the Miami Port from the West Palm airport, I'm guessing the FLL port is about 1/2 hour closer. We left mid-morning (Around 10 AM) and we were the first ones on the ship!

But getting back to the original topic-the airport is great! Friendly, small, easy to navigate and best of all, reasonable!

JudyF,

The drive from West Palm Beach to Miami took us about 6 hours. We stopped several times so our granddaughters could play on the beaches along the way. We drove past some million+ dollar homes, through Fort Lauderdale and then on to Miami. We arrived at our hotel in Miami around 3pm, which was check-in time. It worked out great for us.

After the cruise, we took I-95 back to West Palm Beach since it was alot quicker. Took less than 2 hours to get to the airport from the ship, turn in the van and check in for our flight home.

Would we do this again...you bet! If you've never been to the east coast of Florida, then I recommend seeing all there is to see on your way to your cruise.

Good luck in whatever decision you make. And, by all means, have a great cruise!

:cool: Bill

Hello All,

I have lived in the west palm beach area for the past 30 yrs and am very familar with the wpb airport since my office is close by. As most have said it is approx. an hour to an hour and a half drive on a good day. Although I caution you if you take I-95 to leave a little extra time due to alot of construction going on in south Florida, and the daily accidents on the interstate. Depending on your time scheldule there is alot to see, from the island of Palm Beach ,(which you just missed the Donald Trump wedding), until further south into boca, lauderdale and Miami , several famous peoples homes, beaches and sites. If I can be of any help to anyone please dont hesitate to email me.

Side-By-Side Entertainment

Scott, Dottie & Alexis

Archived